Seventh-generation VW Golf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korab

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 golf TDI SEL 6MT w/ lighting and driver assistance package
Any word on when the MK7 TDI's will be hitting dealer lots? The forum needs an MK7 dedicated section!

I am waiting for them to hit the lots before picking one up - want to see and drive one in the flesh before ordering anything. I am thinking a white fully loaded SEL with the lighting package.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
GTIs are at dealers now. My local dealer has 7 in stock. But no TDIs yet. I think I heard September/October before they'll start to appear.

Korab

Veteran Member
TDI
I've seen GTI's on lots. Press releases for TDI indicated July release initially, then August more recently. I hope we don't have to wait until October, but it is starting to look that way.

FreezingInSask

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf MK6 TDI
I think he is in the state of Saskatchewan.

:)
Now how did you figure that out? :D

I placed my pre-ordered the day pricing was announced at the Toronto Auto Show(Feb 15th).
Current Schedule
At Port August 14th
Released to Shipper August 20th
At Dealer Sept 1st

And yes, I have a TDI Highline with Nav ordered, Dealer has my VIN, and are gonna let me know if anything changes.

I was told they are building GTI's than TSI's(both have arrived at my local dealer) and the TDI's are last.

Last edited:

Korab

Veteran Member
TDI
Sorry. Was on the phone and got so excited I didn't bother to look at user info. So TSIs are on the lot in Canada, eh? I may have to make a stop the next time I am across the border. No TSIs available at all in the states right now, and they don't even know when they will be getting them. Glad they are working out the kinks on the TSIs before making the TDIs!

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
We got our first TSI last week, a SEL with lighting package. Only thing the car didn't have was PDC with front assist. Pretty looking car but $27000 for a Golf??

Still on the fence about replacing my MkIV.

Jason

vwmk4

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time, Looking for a nice one though.
I'll be waiting until the spring/summer of 2015 before I order my Golf. By then hope that most if not all of the glitches are ironed out. Not interested in being the first on my block with a MKVII.

Korab

Veteran Member
TDI
We got our first TSI last week, a SEL with lighting package. Only thing the car didn't have was PDC with front assist. Pretty looking car but $27000 for a Golf??

Still on the fence about replacing my MkIV.

Jason
It would be nice to do that, but I need to get out of my current vehicle ASAP and really want to get into the MK7 since there are so many upgrades over the previous model, and you really can't find a 2014 anyway. Its not really a new model, just a new place to build them, and they have been rolling off the assembly line for months and months now, so hopefully they have the bugs worked out.

Silverghost - that TSI is in the states? That's the first I heard of a US vehicle. Maybe they are being distributed from the Chatanooga VW facility? Would love to see these cars on some lots so I can drive a MK7 in any form.

You said it was an SEL but no PDC? I thought that came standard on the SEL? Thought the only option on the SEL was the lighting package?

Korab

Veteran Member
TDI
Now - about that dedicated MK7 subforum. How do you go about suggesting the mods set that up?

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta ;2006 Golf; 2015 Jetta S
It would be nice to do that, but I need to get out of my current vehicle ASAP and really want to get into the MK7 since there are so many upgrades over the previous model, and you really can't find a 2014 anyway. Its not really a new model, just a new place to build them, and they have been rolling off the assembly line for months and months now, so hopefully they have the bugs worked out.

Silverghost - that TSI is in the states? That's the first I heard of a US vehicle. Maybe they are being distributed from the Chatanooga VW facility? Would love to see these cars on some lots so I can drive a MK7 in any form.

You said it was an SEL but no PDC? I thought that came standard on the SEL? Thought the only option on the SEL was the lighting package?
They had TSi Mk7s @ Waterfest20 also, but not to drive, it I thought it was a GTi until closer look (exhaust fooled me until I looked at Badge)

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
PDC (w/front assist) and advanced lighting are options across the board, IE: not standard on any Golf. Main step up from SE to SEL is NAV, KESSEY (push button start), and 12 way power sport driver seat. Minor addition is LED interior lights.

And a Mk7 is about as different a chassis as you can get without it changing to a Phaeton or A6. Not a shared part (including the coolant reservoir bottle). So very similar to a GTI you can get an idea of how the Golf will drive from that.

We are north of Nashville in Clarksville. Window sticker shows port of entry is Brunswick.

Jason

Korab

Veteran Member
TDI
PDC (w/front assist) and advanced lighting are options across the board, IE: not standard on any Golf. Main step up from SE to SEL is NAV, KESSEY (push button start), and 12 way power sport driver seat. Minor addition is LED interior lights.

And a Mk7 is about as different a chassis as you can get without it changing to a Phaeton or A6. Not a shared part (including the coolant reservoir bottle). So very similar to a GTI you can get an idea of how the Golf will drive from that.

We are north of Nashville in Clarksville. Window sticker shows port of entry is Brunswick.

Jason
yup - you are right - I was reading their pricing release wrong. So with all (both) available options (excluding the DSG, as its not an option for me) it will just break the 30K barrier. It had better be the best damn golf TDI ever!

I meant its not really a new model because it been built and sold in europe for a couple years now, not that it wasn't substantially different from the MK6. I have resisted the urge to test drive a GTI because I am a power junkie and won't ever want to get in a TDI after driving the GTI. The GTI has a completely different chassis set up than the TDI - I figure a set of VWR lowering springs will take most of the roll out of the TDI chassis so it will handle and corner acceptably.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Someone plugged in the VIN and it showed that particular vehicle is "in port."

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Then let the test drives begin! Who is gonna post the first video test drive review of this thing?

vwmk4

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time, Looking for a nice one though.
I had a MKIII Jetta built in Mexico, good solid car and no problems.
Hope that I can say the same when I get my MKVII next spring.

Korab

Veteran Member
TDI
I just got a call from my dealer - the TDI's are in port - should hit lots in two weeks.

They are working with the regional rep to get me a pure white SEL TDI with lighting package and driver convenience package and 6MT.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.