Service Interval Reminder Reset

Skatch_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat Confortline, Gun Metal Grey,Tech Package and DSG, Previous was 2012 Platinum Grey Jetta 6MT, 138500km
Hey Guys,
I've stopped using the dealer for my oil changes (they jumped their rate by $30 before tax for no reason) and just did my 75,000km oil change. Unfortunately I can not figure out how to reset the service reminder, it is driving me nuts. Any help here would be appreciated.
I'd also like to know how to change the distance on the service reminder, my dealer has it set at 8000km and I want to change that. I've been changing my oil between 10000-12000km, depending on the season.
Thanks for you help in advance.
Lyle

dlrkw9

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
Hey Guys,
I've stopped using the dealer for my oil changes (they jumped their rate by $30 before tax for no reason) and just did my 75,000km oil change. Unfortunately I can not figure out how to reset the service reminder, it is driving me nuts. Any help here would be appreciated.
I'd also like to know how to change the distance on the service reminder, my dealer has it set at 8000km and I want to change that. I've been changing my oil between 10000-12000km, depending on the season.
Thanks for you help in advance.
Lyle
You can reset the service reminders via the instrument cluster buttons near the mfd.
Turn ignition off
Press and hold the 0/0 Set button
Turn ignition on (do not start engine)
Release 0/0 Set
Press the left instrument cluster button

For changing the distance on the service reminder I believe you'll need vcds. Try a search for the code to do that.

Skatch_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat Confortline, Gun Metal Grey,Tech Package and DSG, Previous was 2012 Platinum Grey Jetta 6MT, 138500km
Thanks dlrkw9. I searched for that info and must have missed it. I kept seeing VCDS information (which unfortunately I do not have....yet).

redbarron55

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Executive
Search for the service reminder page in the owner's manual and turn the page down so that you can find it next time. That is what I had to do since CRS disease set in.