Service Campaigns?

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
So I took my car in for the new-car checkup and they found 2 open campaigns on the car - 50A5 and 64C6. Does anyone have any details on these campaigns?

From the service statement 50A5 is some kind of software check. The service writer said the 64C6 has something to do with the windows weather stripping or seals. Sounds like my issue with the right rear window going down but not back up may be related to the 64C6 and I need to schedule a time when I can leave the car.

Thanks for any answers.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
It is an all-new model, built in an all-new plant, with an engine that is different in some ways than the earlier CRs. So it is bound to have some changes and updates early on.

I'd not lose too much sleep over it. The software stuff is quite common nowadays.

TheGrove

TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
Thanks, I'm not loosing sleep, just curious for details if I can get them.

jef@rosstech

Associate Ross-Tech Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 Dog hauling, wood towing, pinball stashing Jetta wagon
64C6 = Rear Window Guide Seal Inspections. Basically, roll the windows up and down 10 times in a row. If the pinch guard kicks in then pull some rubber guides out, inspect for a rip and replace if needed.

50A5 = Quality Check. A check list of items to look over and make sure they are to factory design. Adjustment of sunroof, finish on rims, puddle lights, ect.

TheGrove

TDI
Thanks!

I would say that 64C6 definitely applies as my window goes down but not up and you can tell the pinch guard is kicking in.