Service campaign notice

johnboy00

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon, 2004 Jetta, 2003 Jetta wagon
I got a couple of postcards recently from my dealer about a service campaign on my VW. I'm wondering if anyone else has gotten them as well.

The only open campaign on my VIN is for the glowplug update from 2011 which I know had an expiration date. I put in steel plugs with a RC tune, so my Passat never saw a dealer.

Is it possible that they are just trying to get in to sell me a vehicle? They can't possibly want my 05.

BTW, its available for part-out if anyone is interested. It hasn't been run in a couple of years. Headlights are almost brand new, though nothing special. I also have a hitch, a skidplate, uninstalled silver front fenders and a liftgate.

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
I got a couple of postcards recently from my dealer about a service campaign on my VW. I'm wondering if anyone else has gotten them as well.

The only open campaign on my VIN is for the glowplug update from 2011 which I know had an expiration date. I put in steel plugs with a RC tune, so my Passat never saw a dealer.

Is it possible that they are just trying to get in to sell me a vehicle? They can't possibly want my 05.

BTW, its available for part-out if anyone is interested. It hasn't been run in a couple of years. Headlights are almost brand new, though nothing special. I also have a hitch, a skidplate, uninstalled silver front fenders and a liftgate.
I sent you a PM about some of the things you mention you have.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I've received a bunch of notices about the brake light switch on IBW, and even a couple phone calls. I find it amusing. How likely is it that a 19 year old car is even still operating, much less in the possession of its original owner?