Selling Blackie

DidJettarun

Veteran Member
TDI
A5 2005.5 Jetta A4 2003 Jetta
Hi All,
My company is forcing me to have a company car and so I am selling my beloved 2003 Jetta. Those of you on the GTG circuit are familiar with Blackie and that Dang144 and I have taken very good care of all the maint. I have very detailed records of all that has been done.

230K and coming up on next TB and I had planned on changing out the injector nozzles. I just put new Continental tires on. Complete suspension rehab, added mag oil plug, skid plate, cat fuel filter, ventectomy, cat mods

Removed entire interior and rehabed including extensive sound deadening and adding insulation under headliner and replaced jute carpet padding with 3M thinsulate acoustic pad. I also got rid of the sticky soft touch plastic in the cabin, VW oem rubber floor mats. Heavy tint all around including sunroof and yes the drains have been replaced when I replaced the headliner.

Manual tranny
I will wait to do the TB and the now cracked front windshield so new buyer can tint the new windshield to taste and be involved or do own TB to make sure it is done to their specifications. Same thinking on the injectors...choose what you want....Not tuned so check engine light is still on but those of you understand why that is...I check for other codes regularly as I have easy access to Dang144's shop. I run only Mobil 1 TDT and add XDDP bottle with each oil change...not worried about zddp damage to cat for reasons..hint

Southern car...no salt damage and please don't through out low ball offers and embarrass yourself. I may try to force 15 yo daughter to really learn how to drive a manual...I will pay someone cause I am too old for the aggravation.

Last edited:

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I'd keep it, so in two years when your company decides to cut back, you'll still have your own car to drive. ;)

Anyways, good luck with the sale. ALH+manual cars are really the best all around TDI, in my opinion. I don't think they'll ever get as good again as those were, and they aren't making any more. :(

I'd read the for sale thread rules, though, since your post is lacking some important information.