Selling 2005 Golf GLS TDI (BEW) 4 door mk4 REDUCED PRICE!

DubberDriver

TDI
2000 Golf GLS
Price reduced as it just started showing OBD codes 18628 & 16725. They cleared but came back. I don't want to put any money into it. Someone who knows how to fix or troubleshoot this will get a good deal. Make an offer. Asking $2000 obo.

I am the 2nd owner (documented). I bought it at 85000 miles and have driven it to its current. I have all documentation of work done. I commuted 110 miles a day for 9 years so it was mostly highway driving. Timing belt and water pump were replaced every 90000 (or close to, with documentation). Original clutch went to 232000 miles, replaced with a new one then. 4 brakes (rotors and pads) done some time back. Many more new parts that can be seen on the documentation. It has some cosmetic things that would need attention but not terrible. Some options... sunroof / moonroof, alloys, aggressive General Altimax snows (with new (maybe 1000 miles on them) summer wheels / tires that would be an additional cost if so desired). Thanks and reply if interested in making an offer (best offer considered) on this battleship of a car. They don't make them like this any longer.
Daily driver, still driving it today.
Thanks.

Last edited:

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
doesn't say how many miles are on it now (presume about 250,000 plus 85,000 for a total of 335k based on math), no pics and no asking price, ……..

please add more info

DubberDriver

TDI
2000 Golf GLS
Sorry, first time I tried to sell on this site. I didn't see a place to add photos. I forgot to put price. If you're on facebook marketplace, it's there. I'll look in a while to see how to modify with that. Thanks.

DubberDriver

TDI
2000 Golf GLS
Price reduced as it just started showing OBD codes 18628 & 16725. They cleared but came back. I don't want to put any money into it. Someone who knows how to fix or troubleshoot this will get a good deal. Make an offer. Asking $2000 obo.