Seeking 2015 Golf Sportwagen and advice!

GrahamNC

TDI
Golf
Hello,

New to the forum and diesel.. searching for advice. I am seeking a new (to me) Volkswagen Golf Sportwagen Manual TDI which I believe "limits" me to the 2015 model year.

I have been searching Autotrader for a few weeks and feel like I have a decent sense of what prices/miles I can expect for the S, SE, SEL models from dealers. That said, being new to diesel, I don't know what I don't know. For better or worse, I feel like the mileage tolerance for a used diesel car can be much higher than a gas equivalent, given proper maintenance.

I know that ideally I am looking for a car that has 1 owner with dealership maintenance. This seems like a needle in a haystack for what looks to be a very sought after car.

My main question, is a car with over/under 100k the right purchase for a first time diesel owner and what should I expect to pay for something like this?
Additionally, If not, what should I be looking for and expect to pay?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice/feedback/whatever.
Graham

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
S would be the preferred model, no moonroof and base model. If you like bells and whistles, look for an SE or SEL, but not sure if they had 6 speed SE or SEL's. Probably just look on Autotrader and type in 6 speed and 2015. If you see one,be prepared to travel and have financing in place. 15's are better, have the longest warranty, but it was a first and only year engine in the U.S. ....expect to pay anywhere from $11k-$18k depending on mileage and type of dealer, be better to find a CPO one, but that may be tough....

Last edited:

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
There's a 2015 White 6spd SE Sportwagen for sale at SelectEuroCars in Waterloo,NY. It has 93900 miles and priced at $15900... a month or so ago they had a toffee brown 6spd wagon with under 20k miles for $20k, but that sold rather quickly.

GrahamNC

TDI
Golf
S would be the preferred model, no moonroof and base model. If you like bells and whistles, look for an SE or SEL, but not sure if they had 6 speed SE or SEL's. Probably just look on Autotrader and type in 6 speed and 2015. If you see one,be prepared to travel and have financing in place. 15's are better, have the longest warranty, but it was a first and only year engine in the U.S. ....expect to pay anywhere from $11k-$18k depending on mileage and type of dealer, be better to find a CPO one, but that may be tough....
There is a 2015 in Indiana, S, 118K miles, listed at $12,900. What are your thoughts on those numbers?

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
There's a SEL for sale by a longtime member here listed in the "Cars For Sale" section for $10,000.
Helluva deal. It is a DSG, not manual, but get a DSG tune and it becomes a lot more enjoyable to drive.

To me, I wouldn't get any car other than the SEL mostly because of the seats - they're just so much nicer to sit in than those fabric or leather "planks" that you get in the S/SE trims. Other nice creature comforts as well - automatic climate control, Nav, great stereo, etc.

He's in Iowa - I'm not great with US geography, but if you're looking in Indiana, Iowa isn't too much further away (is it?).
Here's the listing: https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/2015-golf-tdi-sel-dsg-10-000.489251/