Seattle area 2003 Golf TDI 5 speed **REBUILT TITLE***

firehawk618

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI, 2dr, M6, Stock
I am moving on to a newer car.
I am selling my 2003 Golf TDI 5 speed. IT IS A REBUILT TITLE!!!!

The car is sliver exterior, black interior.

The interior is in decent shape. This is my commuter car so it's got normal grime but I am by no means a pig like some interiors i've seen.

Car runs and drives perfectly. Needs nothing. Has 166k miles.

Recent LUK clutch kit. Silky smooth and holds the Malone stage 3 tune just fine.

W8 full fis cluster conversion with proper tdi overlay's. Works perfectly.

.658 5th gear. Awesome when cruising.

Catless down pipe. Really reduced lag.

EGR delete. Intake fully cleaned. FULL timing kit done at 145k miles.

Frostheater installed.

JVC double din gps, mp3, bluetooth etc etc etc stereo WITH removable faceplate.

Trailer hitch.

W8 overhead console conversion.

W8 visor with homelink garagedoor openers.

OEM deep rubber floor mats.

OEM headlight housing with Glass lenses just replaced recently.

Brand spankin new tabs just this month.

Windows up and down via remote.

I will include the malone flashzilla.

You will get 2 keys. One switch blade, one valet. Both will run the car.

THIS IS A SALVAGE TITLE. THE CAR RUNS AND DRIVES JUST FINE!!!

I track every tank on fuelly. Just search firehawk618, you'll see this car gets a consistent 700 miles per tank. My commute is 20 miles each way with 5 miles of stop and go traffic.

I am going to ask $4500. Title in hand. Cash only expected.

Here she is towing my utility trailer. I don't have any recent pics. I'll get a few on here tomorrow.

The car is in Marysville, WA

firehawk618@gmail.com is by FAR the best way to contact me.

firehawk618

Veteran Member
TDI
It's a cluster out of a 2004 W8. I used the electronics. I found the TDI specific faces, fitted them, then re-flashed it with the correct miles for my car. Also flashed in the correct bin so the tach and speedo is dead accurate.

firehawk618

Veteran Member
TDI
Due to the large response I've received on this car I'm going to put all the pictures here. I will update this thread once the car is sold. If I haven't sold this car by 12/1/13 I will probably post it on CL *CRINGE* I hate selling / buying on CL.

Here's the scoop to most of the questions I've been asked:

The engine and transmission are fine. Absolutely nothing wrong with either. No oil leaks that I can tell * if it were leaving spots in my driveway I would notice*. It doesn't consume oil. One of the pics below is the dipstick and you can see it's about 3/4 on the scale. I have not added a drop since the last oil change. The info center tells you when it's due for oil, counts down the miles once you get close. It's programmed for 10k, 365 day oil change intervals. I researched a bunch on here and the consensus is the ALH is a waste of oil to change in less time / milage than that. You can change the reminder interval with vag-com easy.

You can see my trip odometer with 436 miles since fill up, I reset that every time. You can also see trip computer 2 showing 53 mpg *optimistic, more like 45* but the important part is it also shows 310 miles to empty. That part is fairly accurate. I will get 700 miles EASY every single tank. Look at my fuelly history. You can also see that I have not reset trip 2 in thousands of miles. Anyone who knows the volkswagon trip 1 and trip 2 will know why I stated that. Trip 1 resets after the car is turned off a few hours. Trip 2 never resets unless you do it manually or you disconnect the battery so it's readings are hard to fake.

The interior is dirty. It is my work car. I drive it every day. To me this is a commuter car, not some museum quality showpiece that I must be meticulous with. A good vacuuming, windexing and armor alling and it'd look nice. No there's not old mcdonalds cheeseburgers and chicken bones in the car, just dust, few misc candy wrappers, etc etc. It has the deep rubber floor mats so it contains most of the crud. I am starting to become an old man mentally. Ricey painting of dash parts, lowering the suspension, big fartcan exhaust just isn't my thing. Jump in, turn the key, good mpg reliable and good power are my things.

Everything works. The crusie, a/c, heat, defroster, heated mirrors, cupholders, armrest, etc etc etc. EVERYTHING works as it should.

I did all the maintenance / mods myself. I do not trust ANYONE to do it for me. I did the full recommended timing belt kit at ~145k miles. I used a reputable vendor on here for the kit and proper tool rental. I then used vagcom to time the injector pump.

I did the clutch shortly after that. Once I uploaded a tune the stock wouldn't hold after 2nd gear. The new one is silky smooth and pedal feel is very nice. It holds the power.

There's no odd squeaks or rattles inside. Just the normal 10yo car stuff and actually I think less than a 10 yo car should have. It handles bumps in the road just fine.

It has a trailer hitch and you will receive the hitch part, it detaches easy.

The JVC nav / mp3 / dvd / bluetooth / hd radio works great. The faceplate comes off for anti theft. the whole screen comes off not just the keys. Really a turn off to thieves. The only part you'd have to install is the mic if you want to use the hands free feature. The mic is just a universal type that all the hands free radios use. Easy and cheap to source should you chose to. I never did because I just use and prefer speaker phone vs a phone call hijacking my radio with people in the car.

I am in no rush to sell this. I will not take less than $4,500 dollars cash. No credit cards, no cashier's checks, no fooling around. If you do not have the funds please look elsewhere.

Title is in hand. Did I mention it says REBUILT across it? Just want to make that 110% clear.

Bottom line is, if you want a great, efficient, powerful commuter or whatever car this is it. If you plan on putting it in carshows forget it. Keep moving.

firehawk618@gmail.com is the best way to contact me.

Car is in Marysville, WA which is 30 minutes due north of seattle.

Thank you.

Last edited:

firehawk618

Veteran Member
TDI
Forgot a few things.

The factory radio will be included. The engine cover also. I always leave those in my garage with any vehicle I own. I feel I should be able to see the whole engine everytime I open the hood to spot issues.

The car also has ~1200w amplifier and 2 12" alpine type r's in the hatch. I will be removing those unless the new buyer wants them for a an extra $300. I will leave the wiring intact though. As I said, commuter car, make it comfy for me.

VW_Lupo_TD

Veteran Member
TDI
4er Golf
very well written ad - the only things i would have left to ask is :
- has it ever been smoked in ?
- how bad was that accident causing it to be rebuilt / salvage title ?

and unless i am missing something -> is your price correct ??
if this has not been straightened for a warped / crooked / damaged "frame"
this looks to be a killer deal - how could one of the local guys not have picked this up yet ?

it sounds too good to be true ;-)

GLWS !

firehawk618

Veteran Member
TDI
It's been smoked in by me. Rarely and always with windows open.

It was hit in the right rear side. Quarter panel and rear door work. It has never been on a frame rack. The car drives straight as an arrow.

I can promise this car doesn't have that "chainsmoke with the windows up" odor. It was rare that I did smoke and when I did always held the cigarette by the open window so it'd draw out the smoke but I can understand if someone is turned off by this. Best I can say is come look at it.

The price is because the title is WA REBUILT and because I don't like to mess around.

firehawk618

Veteran Member
TDI
Ok, today I'm going to get all my personal stuff out of the interior and start showing the car. 3 local guys have emailed me and I will setup times with them in the order which they inquired.

I WILL BE REMOVING THE SCANGAUGE THAT IS PICTURED ON THE DASH!!!!!!

Sorry for not removing that prior to pics.

firehawk618

Veteran Member
TDI
EDIT:

Deposit received from fellow TDIer on here. Consider it sold.
Thanks for all the interest.

Last edited:

firehawk618

Veteran Member
TDI
Fellow just picked it up tonight. It's new home will be in California. Have a safe trip home and enjoy the ALH!