Seat Heater Switch Broken

whyfish

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW TDI Wagon auto. transmission
My passenger side front seat heater switch is in the off position, but the seat is hot hot hot.

Wasn't there a TSB or a recall for the seat heater switch? As I remember, I thought it was just for the driver side seat.

I don't relish taking it into the dealer for repair, but if it's a free fix and they keep their hands off of everything else it could pretty painless.

2003 TDI w/leather seats

Nathanvw92

TDI
2003 Jetta
My passenger seat died too, then it started smoking!! I'm calling VW today, there is a recall regarding the seats burning up.

whyfish

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW TDI Wagon auto. transmission
This is great news. At least I can get it repaired with relative ease.

Is there a link to the TSB/recall somewhere here in the TDI forums. I'd like to print it out and take it to the dealer with me.

Or, does anyone know what the TSB/Recall number or name was?

Thanks all for your support.

Silentmunky

TDI
03 Jetta GLS TDI
ive got an 03 and my pass seat wont heat up. havnt tried to see if it was the switch or the heating element though. whats the recal for specifically?

Nathanvw92

TDI
2003 Jetta

robyo23

TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
I have an '03 TDI Jetta. I took my car into the dealership for the brake switch recall as it hadn't been done yet. This is my first mk.4 diesel so i asked what other recalls have been done.

Upon hearing about the heated seat recall I informed them my passenger seat heater does not work and can they cover it under the recall even though it was previously performed.

They looked into and were able to replace the faulty part under VW warrenty. The part they replaced?

Well basically I got a whole new interior...new seat covers and heaters up front AND rear. :)

I was very suprised that my 7 year 180 000 km;s TDI just got, a new brake switch, new heated seats, and new seat covers all under recall/warrenty.