Seat heater burn... with pictures

Aquaticmind

Veteran Member
Wheeling, WV via Athens Georgia via, Bainbridge Is
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
I contacted VWoA because that is where this issues started, with the heater burning a hole in the seat, not with the dealer. The dealership is also close to an hour away and their service dpt. is closed on the weekend..which makes it hard to get there when I work two jobs.

TDIJetta, you make a good point though. I will keep that in mind when I speak with them next Friday.

Aquaticmind

Veteran Member
Wheeling, WV via Athens Georgia via, Bainbridge Is
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
I stopped by the dealer on Friday to talk to them. The parts manager as well as the repair representative agreed that the color looked wrong but said maybe the PO had used something to make to make the seats blacker. Their answer smells fishy, as every other black leather 99-03 MKIV has had a true black interior, like my OEM.

I started a thread asking for pictures on the MKIV forum, but if you have any pics of your black leather interior I would love to see them for comparison.

Thanks

pugman

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta SW, 2003, Reflex Silver
They will still warranty it. Call VW customer care and tell them what happened. Mine was just fixed last week.
I contacted two different Dealers and they both stated that the recall for all but Passats was over July 2010. Neither would do anything for me and that was October 2010.

Does anyone think I should try again or file a complaint with VWoA?

I have just been living with it and not leaving it on very long or very high. The passenger seats in both our cars stopped working several years ago and I did not get any recall notice in the mail even though the wife's car we bought new. Both are 03 GLS's.