Seat Covers

2003VW

TDI
2003 Jetta
Front seat in my 2003 Jetta are in poor shape. Would like to get some cotton seat covers for them. Any recommendations?

benmarks

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS Sedan Platinum Gray
I guess it depends what your budget is. One expensive option would be to find OEM seat covers, usually via eBay. There are a few European parts resellers on eBay that still have some stock depending on which seats you have. There are so many variations. A lot of the covers are no longer available in the US, but you could still try a dealer or a domestic parts reseller like ECS. Looking at ECS's site just now, though, and they only have a few options available.

Whole replacement seats is also a good option. You'd save compared to new covers and you'd also save with less effort. You might find them at junkyards, but there are also some companies that strip down GLI's and R32's and resell their interiors. One place near Maryland is One Love Auto in Pennsylvania.

There's also a place in New York called Korwerks that imports Euro interiors, including cloth seats. I just bought a rear seat section from them with the rear armrest so that I and redo it in leather. It was one of the few mods remaining to do with my car.

There's also the idea to convert to leather. There are a few companies like Roadwire that sell entire kits (labor included) to convert your entire interior to leather. That can cost $1,200 or more. I don't know of any similar service that sells cloth interiors.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
^^^
Exactly as above. I literally have three sets of front seats (all in decent shape) sitting in my garage - I'd be happy to get $100 for any pair of them; but could probably be talked into $50. They're pretty cheap and easy to come by - you'll pay more, get worse results, and invent many new curse words as you try to remove and replace seat covers.

Bengoshi2000

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf (0M1)
One day I'd like to try the covers available from Wet Okole... pricey, but they look to fit well and when properly installed, look original.

On a similar note, my upholstery is is good shape, but the driver's butt cushion has lost it's cush. Does anyone sell just the lower foam?

benmarks

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS Sedan Platinum Gray
You can buy just the foam but it's going to cost between $150-200. Domestically, eBay is probably your best option. Most of the eBay sellers are in Latvia but there is currently a seller in Massachusetts that offers both of the following part numbers. For the "standard" seats, there's a VIN split in 2002 but I'm not sure there's actually a difference if you compare photos of each (which I did a few months ago for a project on a friend's car):

1J0881375AJ - Before 2002 VIN split
1J0881375T - After 2002 VIN split

There are many other part numbers too for Recaros, non-Recaro bucket seats, etc. so double-check which seats you have.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Believe the OP was looking for the Easy Button. Anyone have any seat covers they like? Lots of options for seat repair/replace. Not hard to drop in a nice used seat same year/model (same wire connects).

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Imo. Either get a scrapped seat or take the cover off and cut the stitches out of it and have an upholstery shop make you new covers.
Repair the foam while your at it and add some 1" memory foam to the back and bottom.
If you dknt already have heated seats. Add some now from amazon or a proper kit if you have $.
Seat covers are garbage and even the decent ones all suffer the same issue. Best to not waste $ here. Buy once cry once or just throw a flease blanket over it with some string!