Seat belt repair

bmwM5power

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW TDI S 6MT 02 JETTA TDI GLS 5MT 15 GOLF TDI SE 6MT 15 GOLF TDI SEL DSG
I need to remove both front seatbelts from my 2015 Golf and send for repair after the accident I had recently because of both pre-tensioners fired, i assume. I was wondering if this it OK to start the car with the seatbelts disconnected ( wiring)? I need to move the car around and was afraid it might trigger something to blow up the airbags. Please, shed some light on this if someone has had any experience with this, thank you.

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
I don't think the belts are rebuildable, you can find them on car-part.com and If I were doing it, I'd r and r the belt at same time with bat disconnected.

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
I don't think the pretensioners fire unless the impact fires the airbag as well. Perhaps we'll hear from someone that has had more experience with pretensioners, anything visual showing they've exploded.

bmwM5power

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW TDI S 6MT 02 JETTA TDI GLS 5MT 15 GOLF TDI SE 6MT 15 GOLF TDI SEL DSG
I don't think the pretensioners fire unless the impact fires the airbag as well. Perhaps we'll hear from someone that has had more experience with pretensioners, anything visual showing they've exploded.
yes, because the drivers side is hanging loose and the passenger side is locked, noone was sitting there at the time of impact, vagcom shows errors for both front belts, and yes, they can be rebuilt