Searching for a unicorn apparently.

outlawsix

TDI
2004 Beetle 1.9L BEW DSG
Just acquired a 2004 Beetle hatchback auto tranny. One of the ac lines is severly bent. So bent there is no straightening it back out without the tube being ripped open. I looked it up and number is 1C0-820-721-R. VW shows this to be discontinued. HAs anyone had to change this line out? If so what hose part number did you use? Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated.

outlawsix

TDI
2004 Beetle 1.9L BEW DSG
I just put your part number in a search engine. Several places have it. Prices range from 130 to 200.
What search engines did you use Sir? Reason I asked is I have searched and found parts with same number, but it was the letter R at the end i couldn't find. Seems that a few parts were made with same part number, but the last letter had changed and the pipes were shaped differently. In fact had ordered a part with same part number, just nt the R at the end and it was shaped vastly different.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Yep, that is likely a strange one. BEW/DSG NB only, so only 2004-06, not a huge number of that combo was sold. You can try the M suffix and see what that one looks like, or if it is even available.

I have one from a BEW/manual Jetta that you *might* be able to get to work, with a little tweaking.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Guys, all these online places (like ECS) are just ordering through Volkswagen.... if Volkswagen has made in NLA, then they won't be able to help you either.

drucifer

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta sw tdi pd
Any clue why they would list a part they could not get? With a date to ship? Seems like a great way to get your name out there but in a bad way.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
take the hose off
take it to a hydraulic shop then to a race shop or welding shop that deals with equipment like the mechanics side of Deere or CAT etc....
the hydraulic shop might do it but the mechanics shop defiantly will if you talk to them nicely.
they can replace the section that is bent or just replace it with a section of AC hose and crimp the ends for you.
I've done this many times. Most speed shops will do it. typically $200 a hose.
might have to drive to a few places
most speed shops or hot rod shops will also do this.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Guys, all these online places (like ECS) are just ordering through Volkswagen.... if Volkswagen has made in NLA, then they won't be able to help you either.

No new old stock out there sitting on a shelf somewhere? Not likely now days but sometimes unicorns show themselves. I had this issue with my new OEM door panels for my 2003 Beetle. Found some of the last ones though at a pretty high price.

Hyde7278

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GL
take the hose off
take it to a hydraulic shop then to a race shop or welding shop that deals with equipment like the mechanics side of Deere or CAT etc....
the hydraulic shop might do it but the mechanics shop defiantly will if you talk to them nicely.
they can replace the section that is bent or just replace it with a section of AC hose and crimp the ends for you.
I've done this many times. Most speed shops will do it. typically $200 a hose.
might have to drive to a few places
most speed shops or hot rod shops will also do this.
+1 Most hydraulic shops will be able to splice in a rubber hose

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
+1 Most hydraulic shops will be able to splice in a rubber hose
I have had more say no but some say yes. I'm sure the 1st few you go to will say no or whatever. My local harley davidson race shop is by far the best place to go to for this sort of thing. Why I dont know but they were cheap and helpful.
Food for thought.
Also youtube how to make your own AC lines.
You can buy the parts.... cut the ends off what you have and mock it all up and take it to somone to weld and crimp

outlawsix

TDI
2004 Beetle 1.9L BEW DSG
I caertainly appreciate all f the assistance!!!!!!!!!! I may have found one that will work. It is ordered and if it does work I will post up what i got along with the part number. Im sure im not the only one to face this issue. So hoping this works so that it can help someone else down the road. In working on this car many things aren't right. Thermostat was missing so put a fresh one in it. I wish folks would fix things properly. Yet seems far too many are searching for a quick short term fix. May take me a bit to get it done, but once it is I know it will work properly. Thank all of y'all again very much. I appreciate y'all.

outlawsix

TDI
2004 Beetle 1.9L BEW DSG
Even better price!!!!!!!!! At the time i was simply looking for a hose that woudl fit, since the previous ones i bought didnt. Now that we know the proper fitting hose by all means get the cheaper one. Thank you Lightflyer1 for the cheaper option Sir.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Any clue why they would list a part they could not get? With a date to ship? Seems like a great way to get your name out there but in a bad way.
ECS (and others) simply upload the entire VW parts list for vehicles in their catalog, and order from VW when they receive an order. Common practice for aftermarket suppliers. But if VW doesn't have it, ECS won't, either.