SeaFoam Cleaner? Anyone use it on TDI?

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
Is it necessary for me to drink Diesel Purge, no but I do it anyway because it's sterile and I like the taste!

(and it seems to help)

curtludwig

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta, 2005 Golf
I wouldn't use it as well. What I do is every 7/8K miles I run a Moly Diesel Purge and honestly every time I do it the car performance improve. For $7 bucks every 7/8K miles it is a bargain. My average MPG over the last 6 years is 51.8.
I'm gonna call shenanigans on this one. Unless you can produce 0-60 times that reflect this using a can of DP every 7-8 thousand miles is an absolute waste of money. If its actually improving your performance you need to start getting fuel someplace else because you're buying garbage.

I know what you're feeling, you're feeling "I did something good for my engine". Like the guy I work with who was using Mobil 1 oil and changing it every 2,500 miles. I asked if I could have the old oil to put into my car. He changes it at 7500 now and I still ask for it, works a treat in my lawnmower.

Truckeratlarge

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 97, white
I wouldn't mind an IPAD while doing DP, except I like to drive around the block during the cleaning cycle, if you will.

ATF...I would seriously question it's use as there is warning in the owners manual (AKA book of Achtung!) regarding the catalytic converter.