Scheduled my turn-in

TDIinMA

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6MT; Black uni, Cornsilk
Yes. All you need to do is select the "NO" option when asked if you would like to schedule an appointment at your originally selected dealer.

It will then have you input your zip code and how far from the zip you would like to search and provide a list of dealers.
Or you can hit the "Edit" button in your account settings and change it there before entering the portal.

BTW, has anyone noticed this?

If you have selected Buyback the final payment to you will depend on the mileage on your vehicle at the time of the appointment. In the event that your mileage is in excess of the expected range on that day, the appointment could be rescheduled.
My car is parked at the dealership I have the appointment with, so I am not affected, but I wonder if they will grant some leeway here? One would think they almost have to or there will be a lot of cancellations. I guess the key word there is RANGE.

Also, the dealership I scheduled with only had Thursdays available as well.. Hmmmm, only Thursdays in all these dealerships and states??!

BuyMeBackSoon

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 golf
Reschedule could happen if you are over and getting a check. I assume they figure you wont give them a refund. If its electronic no reason to hold you up. I recall hearing that they had some leeway, but I don't remember source.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Reschedule could happen if you are over and getting a check.
That's what they're saying, but it isn't what the court docs say. According to them, if you're over, they just cut you a check for the correct amount and mail it within three days after you drop off the car. There's no reason they should need to reschedule you.

02TDIred

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta (225K, retired), 05 JSW (334K, retired) 2012 JSW, SEL Gone, 2016 GSW/TSI/6A
Just listened to the recording at 1-844-98-CLAIM to hear "No FINAL Scheduled (Buyback) Appointments." (edited)

Last edited:

OpelGTMan

TDI
2012 Jetta
I just confirmed my appointment. I uploaded my offer documents on Friday and it was just sent to me 15 minutes ago. The first available appointment for me was on December 1st.

froman118

TDI
2010 JSW
I just confirmed my appointment. I uploaded my offer documents on Friday and it was just sent to me 15 minutes ago. The first available appointment for me was on December 1st.
Pretty much same for me except notarized and uploaded on Thursday. Anyone run into a bug selecting appointment date where the green clock icon was on the wrong day? I had to select Dec 2 to get a timeslot, but then confirmation page said Dec 1. The email that came after specified Dec 2.

uncle fishhead

TDI
2012 Golf
I uploaded the documents on Friday...and also got my offer this morning. The fact that they are spitting them out in less than 48 hours and on a Sunday should be encouraging for those still waiting on this step.

For Clay Cooley VW in Richardson, TX, all possible appointments (those with a green clock) were shown on a Friday. So I picked 12/2, which was the earliest date possible. There are two afternoon appointments now remaining on that date.The confirmation page and the email both match that date and time.

2.5 weeks to go. :)

RR

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
Might I ask if you have a CONFIRMED buyback appointment ?
Yes. Two appointments booked for Dec 1 at my dealer. When I open the claims portal for both my vehicles the top of the page says "APPOINTMENT CONFIRMED"

Last edited:

froman118

TDI
2010 JSW
How does the scheduling work? The operator told me you get 3 dates to choose from, is that accurate?
Looks like they are filling up timeslots on a given day of the week. Dealership I booked at had Thursday at 4pm available for the whole month of December. Didn't see any on the weekend.

IcePick

TDI
:(
uploaded the signed docs on Friday, got the response this morning.
Only days for appts at Napelton's in Urbana was on Tuesdays, First available Nov 29

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
Dealership I booked with only offered Thursdays in December. PM appointments only, I did not look at any other months.

uncle fishhead

TDI
2012 Golf
How does the scheduling work? The operator told me you get 3 dates to choose from, is that accurate?
From my single-use experience, you have many more than 3 options to pick from. Just in December, I had four Fridays to choose from...and probably 4 appointment times each day. More were presumably available in later months.

So the answer to your question is that you get many options and since "many" is greater than 3, the operator was, strictly speaking, correct....even though there would be other answers that would much better convey how their scheduling system works.

RR

IZZY77

TDI
2012 Passat SEL
Thanks for the replies. I'm going to try and shoot for February return and see if I can do it. I'm
Ok he 35-40k bracket and should stay there barring a need to escape a zombie apocalypse ��

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
My original acceptance of the offer letter was rejected due to an unreadable raised notary seal. Went Saturday, Nov 12, to another notary with a new acceptance to sign and notarize. She had an ink stamp seal. Uploaded the new one to VW Nov 12 at approximately noon.

And at 8 am, less than 48 hours later, got the e-mail to schedule my turn in appointment. Its scheduled for Dec 3 @ 2pm.

Hooray!!

Now when do I tell them if I want a check at turn in, or an EFT?

Tenebrae

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Jetta TDI Premium with Nav TURNED IN 03/10/2017
This is all really helpful information, but it makes me worry a bit about the scheduling.
I just started a new job and currently work M-F. I have no PTO yet.
If I can only choose weekdays, I'm gonna have a really bad time trying to get something scheduled. :(

-T.

AlanTDI

Veteran Member
Long Island NY, relocating to Louisiana next week
TDI
1996 Passat wagonTDI, 02 jetta sedan, on the dark side 2017 Rav4
original upload docs 10/18/2016
accepted 10/26/2016
Offer 11/10/2016
Turn in date 12/7/2016
Platinum VW Hicksville NY
only Wednesdays are available, first was Dec. 7 (booked)
looks like they schedule a 2 hour window until next appointment
Need to bring mileage certification, closing check list.
the 2.0 TDI, key(s), ID
seems, painless, only going home w/o TDI will hurt. but there is 19636 reasons
to fell better;)

Dr. D

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL
My original acceptance of the offer letter was rejected due to an unreadable raised notary seal. Went Saturday, Nov 12, to another notary with a new acceptance to sign and notarize. She had an ink stamp seal. Uploaded the new one to VW Nov 12 at approximately noon.

And at 8 am, less than 48 hours later, got the e-mail to schedule my turn in appointment. Its scheduled for Dec 3 @ 2pm.

Hooray!!

didn't you make a selection with scheduling? i know i did.

CT_Gman

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Jetta Sport, 2011 Golf TDI 6MT 2 door - GONE, 2013 Passat DSG SE w/sunroof - GONE
Got my final offer on Sat 9 AM, sent in documents within 2 hrs and this morning (Mon) at 7:00 AM I got my turn-in appointment. My 2013 Passat is now scheduled to be turned in on Dec 1st (first date available). My 2011 Golf is in document hell...

My insurance policy runs out on midnight Nov 30th. I called Geico and they prorated the policy to give me coverage for 1 day on Dec 1st!

Last edited:

rfortson

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Surfwagen TDI
This is all really helpful information, but it makes me worry a bit about the scheduling.
I just started a new job and currently work M-F. I have no PTO yet.
If I can only choose weekdays, I'm gonna have a really bad time trying to get something scheduled. :(

-T.
For $20k, I think I'd take LWOP.

Mine is scheduled for Nov 29. Guess I'll use it to bring home a Christmas tree one more time before turning it in.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

nattyboh2027

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta

Hooray!!

On page 9 at [FONT=&quot]https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/en...m%20Notice.pdf

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]It doesn't really cl[FONT=&quot]arify[FONT=&quot] the [FONT=&quot]Check[FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot]explanation[/FONT]. It jus[FONT=&quot]t says [FONT=&quot]explanation[/FONT] of negative or postiv[FONT=&quot]e mileage adjustment. [/FONT][/FONT] I know EFT will take up to 3 busines[FONT=&quot]s days bu[FONT=&quot]t [FONT=&quot]for the check option, do we [FONT=&quot]get the check in-hand on the spo[FONT=&quot]t of the turn-in[FONT=&quot]?[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
On page 9 at [FONT=&quot]https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/en...m%20Notice.pdf

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]It doesn't really cl[FONT=&quot]arify[FONT=&quot] the [FONT=&quot]Check[FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot]explanation[/FONT]. It jus[FONT=&quot]t says [FONT=&quot]explanation[/FONT] of negative or postiv[FONT=&quot]e mileage adjustment. [/FONT][/FONT] I know EFT will take up to 3 busines[FONT=&quot]s days bu[FONT=&quot]t [FONT=&quot]for the check option, do we [FONT=&quot]get the check in-hand on the spo[FONT=&quot]t of the turn-in[FONT=&quot]?[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
They claim that this is the case - that you walk out with a check in your hand. But I also noted the language on the website when I uploaded by offer letter - it suggested that taking EFT could result in earlier turnin dates.