Scene from my brother's stickshift lesson

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
So my brother decided to plunge into the three-pedal world with little prior experience by buying a new 2015 Jetta S 5MT he picked up for under $15k. :cool:

He came to me for a quick tutorial in the art of driving a manual. ;)

Last edited:

j1mbo

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Reflex Silver JSW TDI - 17" Anthracite Goals and 2014 Reflex Silver Golf TDI
In UK everyone is taught to use the handbrake. I was petrified when I was behind a stick shift driver here on a hill the first time and they rolled back!

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
I roll back on purpose when someone stops inches off my bumper on a hill. I love to watch their faces!

I love the picture!

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Should have thought of that for teaching my daughter! Then maybe she would have figured out the cars was in third quicker.

langer

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 a3 & '07 gasser gti
Should have thought of that for teaching my daughter! Then maybe she would have figured out the cars was in third quicker.
Did that to my dad's poor alfa years ago when I was learning.

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
I went over the handbrake theory but we didn't practice it. I figured he had enough levers and things to think about. Besides, my curriculum is more of a "The nannies already put 'hill assist' in the car, what else do you want ya big baby? Just drive it properly, go!" in nature. :p