Scangauge II with MK6

Red Antler

TDI
2011 VW Golf 2.0 6MT
As the title says, has anyone had any experience with utilizing scangauge with the CJAA? My father uses it for his powerstroke and suggested it, wanted to know if anyone has done it, or if it's buggy.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
mostly MK4's used it but yeah it should work. lets see what others chime in.

T1MMBOJONES

Veteran Member
TDI
03 ALH 01M wagon
got one in my 7.3l and sold my alh with one as it seemed like a necessity. havent found a need to add one to the cjaa yet. its never thrown a code yet and i have obdeleven. it is a useful tool and helped me diagnose a lot in the 7.3 throughout the years. that said i think obdeleven cost me less and can do more. scagauge is nice cause it has its own display
and links up almost instantly whereas obdeleven is less "on the fly" friendly.

Thunder Chicken

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon
I had a scan gauge in my wagon for a while. It was a while ago, but I remember having to do something weird with it to get it to show fuel use age, the instant fuel burn was not right for some reason I think…. Besides some interesting numbers, I didn’t find it overly useful. I did save my bacon in my truck, able to check and clear a code…. VCDS is a much better use of $ for this car, and a helper to run a laptop to log when/if you need to!

PRY4SNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg Execline
VCDS and OBDeleven are better tools for our cars. Other options will work, but not as well (fewer options, less data, more difficult to use, etc).

J_dude

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 1.9l “Jedi”
The hardest part might be finding a good place to mount the scanguage, the velcro I used last year melted in the summer. And there's now a Scanguage 3
What no way! Dang it I just bought a SGII last year, should have waited I guess. Oh well maybe I’ll get one and use the old one for the truck

unorganizedplan

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW Highline w/DSG ; 2003 Jetta ALH w/5spd
i use it as a rudimentary scanner or monitoring as issues arise or are suspected. no issues.
i have VCDS also, so I use that as needed, then use the SG2 for daily driving instead of bringing a laptop everyday

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
LOL now what? thanks for the update on the 3rd generation Scangauge.
OH SHEEEETS! I've been using my Scangauge 2 I got long ago, in my CJAA (got one for my daughters Jetta because VW forgot the water temp gauge, so dumb) for long time, mounted in same place (steering wheel), no issues but of the 3 is larger, I may not get to upgrade. :(

I wonder if we can access more data with the newer version. :unsure: