Scammers?

ecala001

Veteran Member
TDI
03 golf
been noticing a lot of scammers in the private sale section.

usually would start with. "poor boy" has "x" item and email is so and so

I check out the user name and it's legit, but inactive for 2 years. So I decided to email the person and get a reply. I ask to coin the item (write name and date on piece of paper next to item). What I got was a photoshopped item. I smell scam. They have been really active in Facebook and here.

148am

TDI
2015 Golf
Same, I've gotten a number of scammy direct messages in response to a WTB ad I have posted. Always the same type of thing as @ecala001 said, like this one today from user Genbee21 (new user registered today):

"You can check Rachel, she has it for sale in good condition. Here's her contact. (502) 354-3530. I purchased items from him in the past and they arrived in top condition."

ecala001

Veteran Member
TDI
03 golf
Same, I've gotten a number of scammy direct messages in response to a WTB ad I have posted. Always the same type of thing as @ecala001 said, like this one today from user Genbee21 (new user registered today):

"You can check Rachel, she has it for sale in good condition. Here's her contact. (502) 354-3530. I purchased items from him in the past and they arrived in top condition."
sucks they are everywhere now. I just double check their profile and see what their activities are on the forums. Having them to coin the item makes it a little more reassuring as sports memorabilia groups do.

ecala001

Veteran Member
TDI
03 golf

oh and I got the same message from Genbee21 lol

mods need to start banning these scammers

ecala001

Veteran Member
TDI
03 golf
We do when we find them, but if you suspect someone is a scammer, hit the “Report” button and we’ll have a look. It goes straight to all the moderators and we check them out.
just reported :) I belive I hit the report button on the previous person but wasn't sure if they were banned

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
It did not show up in the moderators section. Can you post the link to the thread? If they're banned it shouldn't be seen since it'd been scrubbed from the boards.