Sat the 23rd feb Janesville GT.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Tentative 23rd feb 08' Janesville gt at the garagemuhaul.

more info to follow.

jasonTDI

TDI
Only if you wear the hybrid T-shirt!

darkscout

Grammar Scout
TDI
2003 Golf
Ooh. I might have to pencil this in.

2 hours even and straight shot up 39 too.

Maybe I can get my Timing set so that my MPeeGees come back and starting in cold weather isn't so difficult....

jasonTDI

TDI
mmhhahhaaa coming together. rocket chip maybe?

jasonTDI

TDI
See me...i'm running 4+ and 25 lbs of boost.....

TDIoily

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta
pencil me in Jason, want to see if Jeff can dial me in now with the VNT17 you installed. I mean the upgraded turbo I blew<----wife will never know.

jobob307

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 jetta, 2002 jolf
I was thinking of asking a friend to bring his pipe bender he does exaust better than any shop around.

darkscout

Grammar Scout
TDI
2003 Golf
jobob307 said:
I was thinking of asking a friend to bring his pipe bender he does exaust better than any shop around.
I do not need a mufflerectomy.

jasonTDI

TDI
Man...you should see the welds this guy does....wow.....

schwechel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta, Galactic Blue
Sounds like a good time, count me in. I'll bring the VDS-PRO in case anyone wants the auto-window mod. I would do a brake fluid flush if someone brings a bleeder. I'll also have to enlist scurvy for some help.

jobob307 said:
Now if there is only some way to get my muffler to "fall off" so it needs to get "repaired".

scurvy

Good Ol' Boy
TDI
2006 Golf
schwechel said:
I'll also have to enlist scurvy for some help.
I'll bring my jack stands (2), floor jack, electric impact wrench and usual assortment of hand tools. If somebody can provide another pair of jack stands and a Motive bleeder, we're all set.

I'd like to take some time during the day to pull out my Golf's EGR valve and take a looksee at it, also take off the valve cover to visually inspect my cams and retorque the cover bolts to see if it helps solve my PD "sweating" oil down the back of the block.

And maybe - just maybe - spend some time socializing and having beer. ;) I'm going to the homebrew store this weekend... thinking of something wintery, perhaps a porter or a dark alt.

Jeff - do you still have a CO2 tank available? I won't forget my regulator this time.

scurvy

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
darkscout said:
Getting rid of the muffler is a good first step to freeing the exhaust!:D
(After all, exhaust wants to be free)

And making it sound much better.

darkscout

Grammar Scout
TDI
2003 Golf
Bob_Fout said:
Getting rid of the muffler is a good first step to freeing the exhaust!:D
(After all, exhaust wants to be free)

And making it sound much better.
I wouldn't go for just a mufflerectomy though. I'd go straight pipes all the way back. (I'm sure my 9 year old Cat is oh so helpful anyway.)

Jason or JoBob any estimates on what this would cost?

I could probably also use a brake bleed.

And maybe a timing check, I've started some fierce white smoke recently and I know my timing's low.

I could probably bring my simple tool chest for an extra.

wolf1477

TDI
2000 Golf
Woohoo, a GTG that I can't get turned around getting to. (Welll, being me I prolly could if I tried hard enough)

Wolf

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
Oh I too am pencilling this in as I am moving to Galesville WI this month and my sister lives in Janesville. People who are thinking about RC3 (18 psi boost) with PP520's can drive my car.

Then maybe I could finish off the EGT gage install on my car into the dual column pod....

mctdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
scurvy said:
I'll bring my jack stands (2), floor jack, electric impact wrench and usual assortment of hand tools. If somebody can provide another pair of jack stands and a Motive bleeder, we're all set.

I'd like to take some time during the day to pull out my Golf's EGR valve and take a looksee at it, also take off the valve cover to visually inspect my cams and retorque the cover bolts to see if it helps solve my PD "sweating" oil down the back of the block.

And maybe - just maybe - spend some time socializing and having beer. ;) I'm going to the homebrew store this weekend... thinking of something wintery, perhaps a porter or a dark alt.

Jeff - do you still have a CO2 tank available? I won't forget my regulator this time.

scurvy

I can bring two jack stands.

Ben

bf1967

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf
scurvy said:
scurvy
I think I'll have to look over your shoulder while you do that. My PD is dripping in the same place. Should I bring the Rhino ramps Scurvy? ;)

bob

jobob307

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 jetta, 2002 jolf
I have 3 jack stands one small, two large ( don't ask what happened to the fourth I should have took picures)! Also a low profile floor jack plus a small floor jack, Air, And almost every hand tool known to man I also thought having the snap on truck show up for those of you who usually can't find one let me know what you think.

Gregg my exaust guy works very cheap as an example A buddy of mine went to him and needed exaust from the cat back.. Gregg said bring a new muffler and 35 bucks it would take fifteen minutes. To weld in a pipe in place of my cat when I went to the vnt 20 took twelve minutes from the time I got out of the car, we timed him.:D

Don't worry Scurvy I have CO2 .