Samsung Galaxy S4 Bluetooth RNS510

jafische

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 (A3) TDI SEL Premium (Reflex Silver / Moonrock)
I had iPhone 4 connected to Bluetooth audio, no problems. Progress bar fills, count down time counts down, ff works, rew works, hit play and it just starts playing. Yeah. I searched forum for Galaxy S4 and didn't get many hits.

Upgraded phone with Verizon.
S4 has Jellybean 4.2.2 installed.

On the radio...
The progress bar is blank.
The time remaining on right displayed is the total track time and is static.
Between tracks it will display VBR where the time remaining is.
You have to start music on the phone before the RNS510 will buddy up. Then it seems to give me controls ff/rw/pause. But display doesn't work (as described).

I have removed phone from VW. Have unpaired and repaired (re-paired). I have control+alt+delete (arrow right+ arrow left+ star)

Any idea on how to get this working properly?
Does anyone have an S4 that works properly?

It's frustrating, but sort of works. Funny when things work and then don't work, it's more frustrating.

Thanks.

britpassat

TDI
2013 SE TDI Manual, 1983 VW Polo 1.0 Litre
I have an S4 jafische, l'll try on my way home today and see if mine does the same.

britpassat

TDI
I just tried mine Jafische, mine does not show remaining track time or total or any track time.

Mine just shows the name of the track and the clock, l don't have to start the music on the phone first.

jafische

Veteran Member
TDI
Well, the functionality sure does taylor itself toward the iPhone. The MDI adapter they gave me is also iPhone.

It seems to be a VW<->JellyBean thing and not a Samsung issue.
Wonder why you don't have to start the music on phone first? Mine will sit there with a song displayed like it wants to be played. Tried clicking on play on the radio/FF/rew and nothing. No response until I go to phone and open "music".

RNS510 in your SE?

britpassat

TDI
I believe my unit is the RCD-510, it does not have navi.

I select bluetooth on my S4, it pairs to the car automatically. On the radio l select media and bt-audio and it plays automatically.

jafische

Veteran Member
TDI
Dernit. I select bluetooth on my S4, it pairs to the car automatically. On the radio l select media and bt-audio and it displays the song to play, but stalls. odd.
After I start it up, she will play/ff/rw. hmmm.