Ryan P's Euro TDI Parts - Intakes, TIP's, R32 DSG Snorkles, Turbo's, Injectors etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

devonutopia

Top Post Dawg
TDI
PD300 Skoda Fabia
Met Ryan yesterday, for some reason younger than I expected. Odd how you think someone is older by the maturity of their posts. :D Looking forward to imminent testing of all kits.

ibizatdi130

TDI
SEAT Ibiza ASZ tdi 130- SEAT leon bkd tdi 140
Just to let you all know, I haven't forgotten about these turbo kits, there is light at the end of the tunnel, and I hope there will be some juicy photos for everyone very soon!
In the meantime, I have been getting asked what sort of power to expect from the different GTB Turbos, so here is a quick table I knocked up:

The 'Boost' Column is what I would consider the max safe boost to run through the turbo.
'Full Boost @' is an estimate of when the Turbo would be producing full boost. What needs to be remembered about the GTB range of turbos is, that as they have the 3rd Generation VNT system, they actually start to produce boost much lower down and can maintain it higher up too with reasonable EMPs.
The 'Max Power' Column is what seems to be the maximum safe power that can be achieved from the turbo. I know people have achieved slightly more, but I am aiming for reliable and usable power, EMP's and EGT's on any of the '17' frame hybrids will be WAY above what even the smallest GTB1756VK will allow at any given power level.
The GTB2265Vk Hybrid has yet to be fully tested, so those figures are currently an educated guess. We will be doing back to back testing on all the turbochargers as soon as possible!

If anyone disagrees with the information, please let me know and I will correct it.

There has also been a lot of questions about the size of the wheels in the GTBs compared to the other popular TDI VNT Turbochargers, so I have compiled a bit of information:

Again, if anyone disagrees with the info, please let me know. It was very difficult finding some of the wheel sizes so I hope they are correct!

Spaces are filling up fast for the first 10 GTB Turbo Kits!

Thanks

Ryan

GTB1756vk turbine has 43mm inducer ;) and I think gtb2056vk has 47mm

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
Also think over 2 bar with a 2260vk at 2200rpm is slightly optimistic for an average head and 1.9l displacement.. :p

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
Also think over 2 bar with a 2260vk at 2200rpm is slightly optimistic for an average head and 1.9l displacement.. :p
Thanks Rub, I'm going through and checking all of my measurements when I get chance so I will maybe add 100rpm to the GTB2260. If that is all we disagree on we have not done so badly! ha-ha!

I'm young and learning rather than old and stubborn! lol

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
Just thought I would post a few pics to show why we have had a few delays.

Here is the revised manifold

Cast Stainless Collector

Merge Spike

Another reason for the delay is we have decided to use a Cast Stainless Head Flange with the Transitions from oval to round built in. This will further reduce the chance of fatigue and cut the number of welds required.

The Cast Stainless Collector has reduced the amount of heat going into these during fabrication quite considerably, and we have also been able to add 2 bosses that can be tapped for EMP or EGT Probes.

We are aiming for these to be the best manifolds on the market, so we are keen not to rush anything. Good things come to those who wait!

Keep your eyes peeled on this thread for further updates!

Thanks

Ry

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Thanks guys! Not as much as I can't wait though!!

Cheers

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
PD and Non PD 1.9 engines are the same manifold wise, I'm making one for a local customer as soon as i have my own personal manifold made for the Mk5 Golf so it might be a couple of months. We will have the jig made at the same time and can offer the Passat/A4 manifolds for sale!

2.5TDi might be a little tricky!

Thanks

Ryan

TheoSweden

Veteran Member
TDI
A3Q,A4Q, Passat Biturbo TDI
Nice Ryan!

Does a GTB2260VK fit with this manifold on cars with Quattro/4M? Gearbox is close under...

I have not read so much in the thread, but is it possible to buy a manifold? I dont have much time building a new (4th for this car:)) so realy intrested in buying one if its possible.

//Theo

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Using our manifold the turbo sits in the stock position so will 100% clear a 02M transfer case. The downpipe would need to be custom to work with 4-motion, we have very few Mk4 based 4WD cars i felt it was not needed for a production based downpipe!

Buying a manifold alone will not be a problem, once i announce i am taking deposits get in touch and we can work out the best price possible!

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
The Stainless Collectors are being cast as we speak and production starts the minute they land, We are looking at a month before shipping if everything goes to plan but I want to post pictures of our prototype (without the cast merge collector) next week before taking any deposits as I like people to see what they are getting before taking their money!

We are having 25 collectors cast in the first batch which might not be enough looking at the interest we have had so far!

TheoSweden

Veteran Member
TDI
A3Q,A4Q, Passat Biturbo TDI
Thanks, I might contact you then if its not to far from now.

My super-special 3" downpipe needs to be a bit modified.:)

Using our manifold the turbo sits in the stock position so will 100% clear a 02M transfer case. The downpipe would need to be custom to work with 4-motion, we have very few Mk4 based 4WD cars i felt it was not needed for a production based downpipe!

Buying a manifold alone will not be a problem, once i announce i am taking deposits get in touch and we can work out the best price possible!

Whitbread

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Several
Very cool Ryan! I'd kicked around having collectors cast for myself a while back but there wasn't a single foundry within two hours drive than was even the slightest interested in doing them. So I just said hell with it.

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but what's the tubing choice? 1 1/4" Sch 40 I assume?

turbo johan

Veteran Member
This looks really great ryan!!
Cast collector is awsome!
Please let me know what this kits wil cost :)

Johan

sallydog

TDI
caddy
hi ryan ive dropped you a pm ,i forgot to say im only down the road in chesterfield if you have got any thing suitable for me ,cheers laurence

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Sending a reply now :) had to help a friend who was involved in a hit and run last night so not had chance to come on here!

micasb

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A3 8P 2.0 TDI
Hi,

How much for a kit GTB2260VK with manifold for an Audi A3 2.0 TDi (BKD)?
PM please when you can.

Best regards.

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Thanks, I might contact you then if its not to far from now.

My super-special 3" downpipe needs to be a bit modified.:)
It wont be Long now but i want them to be perfect and not just quickly made!

Very cool Ryan! I'd kicked around having collectors cast for myself a while back but there wasn't a single foundry within two hours drive than was even the slightest interested in doing them. So I just said hell with it.

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but what's the tubing choice? 1 1/4" Sch 40 I assume?
Finding the right people for every aspect of this build has been a pain from the start but i'm slowly finding who i can trust and things are progressing now. the moulds have cost £2k+ so far not taking into account development costs!

Yes we are using 1 1/4" Schedule 40 tubing but i might have a lead on a place that can use a single piece of mandrel bent tubing for each runner so we only have 8 welds per manifold! This is not confirmed yet though!!!

This looks really great ryan!!
Cast collector is awsome!
Please let me know what this kits wil cost :)

Johan
Johan,

Thanks, I'll have trade price lists as soon as the first 10 are out there!

Good work Ryan does this exh mani allow the use of a D24?
Cheers
The D24 should fit with this, I tried to get the SDI intake to fit but that would require a custom TIP for the guys not wanting to run it so i've decided to make another manifold at some point and sell a kit with a custom TIP and SDI intake.

If you have a spare D24 i can mock it up to check fitment before you spend any ££. I need a couple for customers too!

Interested in how much these kits run as well? :D
We have introductory prices for the first batch, Until i start taking deposits i cant say if i will have any left at that price!!

Hi,

How much for a kit GTB2260VK with manifold for an Audi A3 2.0 TDi (BKD)?
PM please when you can.

Best regards.
I'll keep you informed about the BKD kits, i need to get my own fitted first! it wont be long as i cant drive a standard (well, re-mapped) car for long!!

Can you take any pictures of a LHD engine bay behind the turbo from underneath? we have little room on out RHD cars but i think LHD might be better, our A/C lines are the problem on Mk4 and Mk5's!

All being well i should have the prototype in hand early next week!!!

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Hi,

Ok let me kno when you have it.

Regards
No probs, just PMd you about something.

cool project
Thanks! Hopefully all the pain will be worth it!

Right, I'll wait your info for a kit for 200-220bph at least...so let me know when you've it
Great stuff, thats the figure I am aiming for in the first stage of my kit, then I will be pushing it even further!

Thanks

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.