Running biodiesel in my 2013 passat

Simonisaac

TDI
2013 passat
I used to run b100 in my old Mercedes’ but don’t know how much I can safely run in a 2013 passat. Can I make any easy alterations to bump it up?
any advise would be appreciated

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
If you want to make $8-10K damage in your fuel system then go ahead and use bio diesel in Common Rail engines.
Bio diesel want to good idea for older TDI ,so why would be good for new generation of diesel engines.
On CR engines besides regular diesel it is highly recommended to use fuel additive to prevent fuel system form wear and corrosion.
Stay a way form Bio Diesel .

tdi_my live

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Fabia
Ask VW, they will say, of course you can fill up with bio diesel. They look forward to your repair order.
Bosch, the manufacturer of the injection system, has never given approval for biodiesel.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
The newer cars were approved for up to 5% bio. Up to 20% can be used but you must check your oil for increasing levels due to build up over time from the regeneration process. Under no circumstances go any higher. It will dilute your oil if used in higher concentrations than B20. Threads here on this from way back when it was tried. Also use commercially produced bio or very well made homemade. The engines won't tolerate bad fuel either. VW approved up to B20 in some states due to regs at the time.

TDItrucker2

TDI
2014 Jetta CJAA - 180K+
I run the B5 biodiesel in my 2014 Jetta CJAA, and my car runs perfectly after 170,000. I'd refer to your owners manual about using any blend of diesel fuel. I agree with the other members, saving money on fuel is one thing, but ruining your fuel pump isn't worth it.

atc98002

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium (sold back), 2009 Jetta (sold back), 80 Rabbit diesel (long gone)
Most D2 pumps in my area had 5-10% Biodiesel included, and it was fine in my '14 Passat. Since I haven't been buying any D2 in a while, I don't know if that's changed. But follow what @Lightflyer1 said above.