Run ATF ?

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
Short and quick, but i found a gallon of unopened atf in the ditch, and im curious if its bad to run this in a alh tdi? I think ive read of people running it in their car, but just want to double check. Iirc it adds lubrication so running a lil with ulsd is almost an upgrade?

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Ya i thought about just putting it in and not caring, but thought id check anyway.

$4.50 is $4.50 lol. Most Millionaires don't become millionaires because they spend money. They know how to save/manage/invest it. I do honestly get your point tho! Its just i found it and its free fuel so....

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Probably more flammable liquids around you can scrounge for free and put in your car. If it isn't diesel or properly made biodiesel then it is harmful to your car in some way. It wasn't meant to use other liquids for fuel. No real need to post any more "Can I use this in my fuel instead?" as you can but you shouldn't.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Short and quick, but i found a gallon of unopened atf in the ditch, and im curious if its bad to run this in a alh tdi? I think ive read of people running it in their car, but just want to double check. Iirc it adds lubrication so running a lil with ulsd is almost an upgrade?
Being your deleted and tuned. Is it synthetic it reg atf?. Anyway. Dump a half quart in with every full fill-up. But be ready to change your fuel filter. Because it cleans your fuel system

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Omg not again! Dude. Just use fuel! Put it on the shelf and have it ready to mix with acetone!

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
I got a good use for it, thanks to @Whitbread - run that crap in your transmission, with the front end on jacks, and cruise control set to like 40mph in 4th for 10 minutes. Of course, I got a bunch of codes (with the e-brake being on), but it flushed out my transmission and all the crap in there, so I could do a proper refill!

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Sell the atf on craigslist for $10, then buy 2 gallons of diesel.
Yea... and get bum rushed at the dark alley the guy wanted to meet at...... followed home and taken by a cartel? No thanks. Stick to FB marketplace where no one is sketchy at all!

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Yea... and get bum rushed at the dark alley the guy wanted to meet at...... followed home and taken by a cartel? No thanks. Stick to FB marketplace where no one is sketchy at all!
🤣 lol.

I've only ever had one sketchy encounter, but it was in down town Minneapolis so what else should i expect? Lol. Never had a problem otherwise.

When i was younger CL is where it was at but agreed FB marketplace gets a lot more traffic now. Still use CL and FB marketplace for flipping stuff. Works well

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
🤣 lol.

I've only ever had one sketchy encounter, but it was in down town Minneapolis so what else should i expect? Lol. Never had a problem otherwise.

When i was younger CL is where it was at but agreed FB marketplace gets a lot more traffic now. Still use CL and FB marketplace for flipping stuff. Works well
Not always, but sometimes, I've found craigslist to be for the more "educated" buyers. Like, people actually knew what a TDI was. Do I need to tell you how many people had no clue what TDI meant when they inquired about my 2003 Beetle I sold about two months ago?