RTDI Part 2

MrBigTruck

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Beetle, 2000 GTI ALH swap, 2006 Jetta, 2006 Jetta, 2008 Mercedes GL320 CDI
Yep, it has an oil return port on it in the backside of the pan and it also has another port in the front for anyone that runs a supercharger or would wanna hook up their catch can to it.
I'll definitely be pulling the trigger on one of those. When I went to the GTB2260VKLR I had to drill into the oil pan for my return line because the turbo hangs down so far that It was impossible to hook the return line to the port that is in the block. Do they include a plug for that front port? I guess I could hook my crankcase vent to it.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
I'll definitely be pulling the trigger on one of those. When I went to the GTB2260VKLR I had to drill into the oil pan for my return line because the turbo hangs down so far that It was impossible to hook the return line to the port that is in the block. Do they include a plug for that front port? I guess I could hook my crankcase vent to it.
Yeah, I wish I had this pan installed when I upgraded to a VKLR turbo, since like you mentioned, it would have made things a heck of a lot easier when running the return line.
We got a little bit creative and purchased this Banjo Bolt Kit M18x1.5mm to -6AN to replace the insert that's in the block. Then on the adapter block that's on the turbo, I had a friend weld on an aluminum -6AN fitting to the adapter block to be able to run a braided SS hose between the two.
Like so.

MrBigTruck

Veteran Member
TDI

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
In the 5 days since you posted this, ECS Tuning dropped their price and is now $23 less than the other place. Maybe they're reading the TDI Forum.
You never know, that could very well be. The more likely reason is that it's on sale for Black "Friday". Either way that's nice to see that the dropped their price on the oil pan. Makes me wish I could have waited and saved some money, unless the addition of sales tax made it a wash...

I actually just added it to my cart out of curiosity and the total came to 597.80 with tax on ECS Tuning. So, even with the baffled oil pan being on sale at ECS Tuning they're still 9 dollars over PG Performance sells it for at their regular price. Here I thought with the volume that they sell, they'd be a bit more reasonable than most places, but I guess not.🤷‍♂️

And here I thought this would be cheaper to get a pan now. You could always email Issam and see if he'd let you buy one directly from him.
iABED Industries

Good luck! Do you have a link to your build?

MrBigTruck

Veteran Member
TDI
Do you have a link to your build?
My build became 2 builds. Last year I got a bunch of parts together to build an ALH engine to swap into a MKIV GTI. I built the engine and had it on a stand with a GTB2260VKLR on a cast manifold, Gibonta .320 injectors, a 12mm IP (later swapped it for an 11), some h-beam rods, etc. Then this year in March I had a heart attack even though I was relatively young (51 at the time) and in excellent physical shape. I’ve spent this year recovering from my heart attack but in the meantime my 2000 NB (which I had given to my 19 year old son) needed the engine rebuilt at 300,000 miles, probably due to some injector weirdness. So we ended up using that engine in his Beetle with a relatively mild tune for the hardware keeping it around 250HP. Now I’m collecting parts for a rebuild of another ALH engine that will finally be going into my GTI swap but I’m pretty much starting over. Since you’ve asked though, I think I will start a build thread. I’ll come back and post a link as soon as I start it.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
My build became 2 builds. Last year I got a bunch of parts together to build an ALH engine to swap into a MKIV GTI. I built the engine and had it on a stand with a GTB2260VKLR on a cast manifold, Gibonta .320 injectors, a 12mm IP (later swapped it for an 11), some h-beam rods, etc. Then this year in March I had a heart attack even though I was relatively young (51 at the time) and in excellent physical shape. I’ve spent this year recovering from my heart attack but in the meantime my 2000 NB (which I had given to my 19 year old son) needed the engine rebuilt at 300,000 miles, probably due to some injector weirdness. So we ended up using that engine in his Beetle with a relatively mild tune for the hardware keeping it around 250HP. Now I’m collecting parts for a rebuild of another ALH engine that will finally be going into my GTI swap but I’m pretty much starting over. Since you’ve asked though, I think I will start a build thread. I’ll come back and post a link as soon as I start it.
First off, it's great to hear that you survived the heart attack and second, your son is one lucky guy to inherit the engine you were building for your GTI.😆

Now it makes sense why you bought the tubular manifold from me.
What turbo are you going to be running on your ALH?
What other mods are you planning on doing?

One thing to upgrade that you may not even think about upgrading, would be your motor mounts. As you maybe saw in my build thread, the original owner that commissioned the TDI swap stuck with the factory motor mounts and needless to say, the mounts were completely shot after a year. So I would highly recommend you upgrade your motor mounts when install your built ALH.
I went with the competition motor mounts from Vibra-Technics and am extremely happy with them.
https://www.vibra-technics.com/vw/golf_jetta_mk_iv_
I'd also recommend their dog bone mount bushing too.
https://www.vibra-technics.com/vw/g..._Subframe_mount_20R32/mk5_dogbone_upgrade_kit
You can get it from the link below and they have really good prices on the upper motor mounts too.
https://eaaengineering.com/products/mk4-golfjetta-18t-vibra-technics-torque-link-bushing-small-end
https://eaaengineering.com/t/mounts

Definitely let me know when you get a build thread going, so I can follow along.(y)