Rotomaster turbo for the MKIII

nomoremondays

TDI
1.9 AHU into a Samurai!
I wanted to mention todays trials/tribulations with my AHU setup in my Suzuki Samurai....

Had a loss of power on the highway and tracked it down to "the turbo isn't spooling anymore...."

Took it apart and it was spinning freely on both sides. Odd. Checked the oil feed line (a Kerma TDI flex line) and it spat out the appropriate oil and such on a soft start. Oil return line was verified as clear/not kinked.

Reinstalled and it seemed to run but not generate boost at all. Checked the MAP sensor and it was good/working/hooked up. Took it all back apart and was baffled again....until I found out the turbo shaft had snapped clean in half and even though the intake was spooling the exhaust wasn't turning with it. LOL.

So - rotomaster made this turbo cartridge. It has like 1200 miles on it, and it's totally dead. Rotomaster doesn't warranty turbo parts you don't buy from their website so you are f'd if you got it aftermarket.

nomoremondays

TDI
1.9 AHU into a Samurai!
Eh - I went to KermaTDI and bought a new KKK unit from Germany.

It was a highly strange situation - it wasn't until I fitted the new KKK that I realized how bad the Rotomaster was and had been for the whole time I owned it. The new turbo makes boost FAST and intake temps are way up, indicating great compressor action that was totally missing from the Rotomaster unit.

Turtlecharged

TDI
98 MK3 TDI x 2
Autozone sells Rotomaster and gives a 3 year warranty.
Maybe that can give you ideas on what to do with your broken Rotomaster turbo.