Ross-Tech's 10th Anniversary Sale!

Uwe

Vendor , w/Business number
Ross-Tech has never had a sale, but this Sunday, May 16th, is the 10th Anniversary of the release of the very first version of VAG-COM... So we've decided to do something special!

This weekend only, you can get 10% off anything in our store using the coupon code "10thAnnivSale" (without the quotes).

When I say "this weekend", that means now through Sunday May 16th only! This sale ends at midnight Sunday evening, US eastern daylight time (GMT -4).

If you miss this sale, you'll probably have to wait 10 more years for the next one!

Best,

-Uwe-

PS: Feel free to spread the word!

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Congratulations on your business reaching that mile stone.

Although I suspect there were also times when it felt more like a mill stone....

superdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
B5.5 ALH wagon, 2 VW Beetle TDI,Vanagon diesel
If I decide to buy one,but don't know what I need...?
I have a 98 VW NB TDI and a Mini Laptop(w/o a CD-ROM) and another bigger Laptop with a CD-ROM.
What should I buy?

davebugs

Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI Automatic, MKIV rear axle bushing install tools
Great product.

Priced right.

Excellent support.

What more could a person want?

I've had mine for years now. I'm hardly an expert but it's handy to have around even for just the yearly "glow plug code". And very handy if it's anything more complex.

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
superdiesel said:
I have a 98 VW NB TDI ...//... What should I buy?
Depends if you want to buy a model that can also scan the newest cars... (in case you ever get one, or wish to help others...) Since I assume you have USB ports on your laptops, you need the KII-USB for your '98, or should you wish to also support the newer cars, add $90 (sale price) for the Hex-USB+CAN...

Uwe: nice going in a tough, highly specialized market !!!!

Yuri

superdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
I would like to have it for my 98 New Beetle,but would be happy to have it for newer cars,as well.No idea how it works.If I buy now one for my car,can I later upgrade it for newer cars,too or I should decide with first purchase.
Sorry for my uncompetence:)

FlashT

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 NB - sold
Originally Posted ny superdiesel
I have a 98 VW NB TDI and a Mini Laptop(w/o a CD-ROM) and another bigger Laptop with a CD-ROM.
What should I buy?
The first thing you should do is search ross-tech's website and make sure that your computer meets the operating specifications for the particular version of VCDS that you are buying.

For your car though, I would recommend that you buy the KII-USB (That's what I bought). Also, you do not need a CD-ROM drive since you can download the 5.5 mb software file right off of the internet.

Now is the time to buy VCDS if you're seriously considering it. My total cost, including shipping, was $237. Even the regular $250 is not that much considering that the dealership will charge you about $90 just to scan for fault codes. And on top of that, they are still charging you their $100 per hour labor rate.

BeartheBruce

Vendor
superdiesel said:
I would like to have it for my 98 New Beetle,but would be happy to have it for newer cars,as well.No idea how it works.If I buy now one for my car,can I later upgrade it for newer cars,too or I should decide with first purchase.
Sorry for my uncompetence:)
FlashT gave good advice: the KII-USB is the product recommended for your Beetle.

There is an upgrade program available if, at a later date, you get a car that needs CAN diagnostic connection.

If you want to have coverage for all VW/Audi cars right now, then you should consider buying the HEX-USB+CAN interface.

Last edited:

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
Ok, here's something I don't understand: I currently have a KEY-USB. What will I gain upgrading to a HEX-USB+CAN? Does KEY-USB not support can-bus? I am asking because my KEY-USB seems to work fine on my 04 PD.

penclnck

turbocharged798 said:
Ok, here's something I don't understand: I currently have a KEY-USB. What will I gain upgrading to a HEX-USB+CAN? Does KEY-USB not support can-bus? I am asking because my KEY-USB seems to work fine on my 04 PD.
No, you are good for now. Unless you get a 2005.5 or newer VW, the mk5 or B6 cars, you will be fine with the KII. In 2005.5 the canbus diag interface was rolled out and thus the need for the HEX-USB+CAN interface.

Scottsman

TDI
Jetta TDI Cup Edition
Thanks UWE :D. Hex-Can is on order and looking forward to using this great diagnostic tool.
Take care,
Scott

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
penclnck said:
No, you are good for now. Unless you get a 2005.5 or newer VW, the mk5 or B6 cars, you will be fine with the KII. In 2005.5 the canbus diag interface was rolled out and thus the need for the HEX-USB+CAN interface.
Ok, thanks! I was confused because my 99.5 does not have can-bus and the 04PD does have can-bus.:)

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
I've decided to get off the fence and finally upgrade from my old UNI-COM even though money is extraordinarily tight right now. I don't think I can afford to not upgrade especially since, as has been stated before, dealerships are getting $100.00 just to hook up their reader. :eek: Even the old unit saved me scads of money, now I can't wait to get my hands on the latest and greatest. Thanks Uwe and everyone at Ross-Tech. :cool: :cool:

superdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
Bougth a KII-USB yesterday.Now will see:eek:.Thank you everybody helping me to choose the right one:).

H2O2H

Veteran Member
TDI
ALH
Man, I was asking for a discount (Tex coupon code thread) and wouldn't get even free shipping on a VSCD from RT, had to buy from a vender to get the free shipping, but now I see this. You suck RT! :p

Last edited: