Road America Touring Session

RedDragon

Veteran Member
TDI
'11 JSW “Judy Sue White”
In mid-September I got to go see my aunt race her Formula Vee race car. Which i had no idea were based around the '63 Beetle. So anyway during lunch people have option of participate in a touring session. It cost $50 to go out on the track, but i believe it was worth it. I got to do two pace laps because there was a crash and four total laps. The track is four miles long with 14 turns. After the two pace laps it was a lot of fun running the track and experiencing what actual race car drivers do. On the straight away i reached 85-90 mph and in the turn about 40-60 mph. I just wish i had my stock 16" rims with my 225/50 Kumho AST's instead of my A8 reps on because my NB felt a little lethargic in turn with the extra weight. Overall it was a really exciting weekend. Here are some picture that were taken from a friend.

leicaman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2005 TDI GLS, RIP
Next time you go to one of these, PM me and we can meet if you want to talk TDI. I live 25 minutes from the track.

OmahaTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 NB TDI 5-speed
After I posted I found out there is a road course out here that a local Audi/VW group rents for the day. I'll have to look out for the next event.