2011 Golf 2 Door 6MT
Got a C unit here that works until I put a DVD into it
Then it reboots and freezes non stop.
I'm thinking dead hard disc ?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

dna007

TDI
2015 TDI GSW SEL
I need access to the 5382 update ISO for RNS-510 NAR. Please!

Edit: I have secured a copy of this 5382 update with the VIM and test mode mod included. https://mega.nz/file/LHozCbqT#wbESNZOJTB7CVkc7pEL6gl011tbfpSSxq8zl_ftSw_A Here it is FOR FREE! I have also ordered a copy of the latest maps 12M v.8534 US and I'll upload those too when I get them. I have a 2014 Passat TDI
You do realize you purchased this from me, then opened dispute as you said this didn't work for you and now you stole my software and offering it for free???

You do know that my watermark with my business license is right there during initialization and shows my company name "ExtremeNetwork" in the main screen before you proceed with the firmware update?

This is exactly why I left supporting this community because of people like yourself. Lying scumbag and thief as you proved to be.

I hope Karma will get you back.

but in the meantime I have sent all your information to proper authorities for violating my copyrights.
There is a reason I paid yearly subsrciption fees to Continental VDO to support these and this community which were steep to begin with, but you kept on saying the firmware is not working for you where it worked for 400+ other people without an issue.

For those that think I did something wrong here, perhaps you can write a letter to the individual that has caused this issue mr. Travis himself aka user "lmftmf" on this forum.
Travis Figueroa
3495 Penny Ln
Helena, MT 59602-9187

Best regards,

Peter
ExtremeNetwork

Last edited:

rjboonstra

TDI
Jetta / Tiguan
Please note that I have created a very simple WEB site with some additional support for the RNS510. There are many great resources out there, such as Peter. I hope this helps as well. Rudy

https://rns510.ca

dna007

TDI
2015 TDI GSW SEL
Peter, Any idea if HERE will release a newer NAV update?
Thanks
Yes, Maps are due this year week 37, or whenever HERE will get their act together, but database has been compiled for them already and they are in contract to offer these until 2023. So we should get V13M and V14M in around 2023 probably and after that, it's a best luck guess I think.

-Peter

jayski

TDI
NMS Passat
Thank you Peter. That's great info.
And when the newer map is available and you offer it for sale I hope you'll consider doing so through this forum.
All the best!

dna007

TDI
2015 TDI GSW SEL
Thank you Peter. That's great info.
And when the newer map is available and you offer it for sale I hope you'll consider doing so through this forum.
All the best!
I Usually have maps few weeks before they are even in final completion, same as MK7 maps I'm able to update for MIB2 and MIB2High units which no one has yet figured out how to update, but yours truly has been doing these for over a year now.

All info on my instagram

>>> instagram.com/peterdna <<<

-Peter

jayski

TDI
NMS Passat
Good to know, when you get this please try and message me here as I'd like to update my unit when the latest maps are out. Thanks.

jayski

TDI
NMS Passat
That shipping is ludicrous!
But you do realize some systems can only be updated to 4366 right? I had a G version that can only go to 4366 so as outdated as it is that's as high as it can go.
But yes, shipping is gouging lol

Tharkhold

TDI
Mk5
Please note that I have created a very simple WEB site with some additional support for the RNS510. There are many great resources out there, such as Peter. I hope this helps as well. Rudy
https://rns510.ca
Nice!

I would update the code thing though, a stealership in Ottawa wanted me to book a half hour appointment because they apparently need both the car and radio to 'code' it.. *** kinda bs is this?

The NAR 684C units also have the LED screen vs the CCFL one ;)

I just got on the RNS bandwagon, got a 684C unit, updated the FW to 1140 and now waiting for the V12M maps. NAR resources for this nav unit are somewhat scarce.

Can't wait to see what else I can do with it (change HDD to SSD, etc) :) Might be able to upgrade to an 'E' unit if the price is right also, and sell the 'C' unit off.

Last edited:

justin13703

TDI
2014 Passat SEL
Just wanted to give a shout out to jayski. Hooked me up with firmware, maps, and the vim program for a really good price. I was clueless about all of this but he answered every question I had along the way and walked me through the updating process step by step.

Anyone interested in updating their radio don’t hesitate to get ahold of him. I have nothing but good things to say.

S_Passat_B7

TDI
Passat
Hello. I'm also looking for 5382 firmware for my RNS 510 3C0 035 684 N
Can anybody upload firmware iso image to google drive or other file hosting?
Thanks.

therat69

TDI
2013 CC
Hi im looking for new firmware and maps for the RNS510 fitted in my 2013 CC
part number. 1TOO35680L
HW. Version H09
SW. Version 5238
active maps Aust+NZ
Map Version HDD 8207
any help would be greatly appreciated

jayski

TDI
NMS Passat
Hi, I'm not much help. I believe GPSUNDERGROUND used to have a few firmware updates but it's been offline for a while now.
Try in the vwwatercooled site.

14TDiMan

TDI
14 Passat TDi SEL Premium DSG
Anyone have any info as to when the HERE map updates will be available? I spoke with the customer service people there and they said no info on map update, latest is v12, and updates are generally released every 12-18 months.
Thanks for any help and/or replies.

DC-9Dave

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Alright, I am starting this thread to help with the multiple questions in multiple threads across multiple sites. I will be posting this on Vortex also. My hope is to explain and clarify the updates that are out there, both Firmware, and Maps on the RNS510. For simplification purposes, this is ONLY addressing the versions of the RNS510 that come from the factory in the NMS Passat 2012-2015.

Firmware - This is the Operating system of the radio, and controls general functions.

Map Data - It is just that, Map Data, it does not affect general operation of the Radio. All versions of the US Maps work on all US versions of the RNS-510.

VIM - Video In Motion. It allows you to watch a DVD Movie on the Radio while the car is moving. VIM appears to work on all versions of the Firmware, Map Updates DO NOT affect VIM. It has been tested on 4369 that comes on the K version RNS510's by several people and it does work.

We will discuss the Firmware Versions first:

2625 - Some VERY early 2012's came with this firmware from the factory.
3690/3696 - What most 2012/2013 RNS510's came with from the factory. It allowed TrafficLink to work. Works on E-J Units.
4366 - Late 2013's came with this Firmware, and if you bought a J unit straight from a Continental dealer. Improved speed and responsiveness of the unit in general over the previous versions. Works on E-J Units.
4369 - 2014's come with this. The Unit is a K Unit. There are small hardware changes within the unit, including a different drive controller and an IDE SSD. It is faster than a J Unit, but that is due to the SSD not the Firmware difference. It will ONLY work on a K Unit, as far as known at this point. Nobody has tried, because there is a High likely hood it will brick a J unit or older.
5374 - Newer 2014's come with this. The Unit is a L Unit. There are small hardware changes within the unit, including a different drive controller and an IDE SSD. It is faster than a J Unit, but that is due to the SSD not the Firmware difference. It will ONLY work on a K/L Unit, as far as known at this point. Nobody has tried, because there is a High likely hood it will brick a J unit or older.
5378 - 2015's come with this. The Unit is a M/N Unit. There are small hardware changes within the unit, including a different drive controller and an IDE SSD. It is faster than a J Unit, but that is due to the SSD not the Firmware difference. It will ONLY work on a K/L/M/N Unit.

5382 - Newest for the SSD based units.

Now the Map Updates:

7870 - Known as V5, and contains 2011Q3 Map data from NavTeq. It is what most 2012/2013's came loaded with from the factory.
7963 - Known as V6, and contains 2012Q3 Map data from Navteq. It appears that the 2014's are coming with this loaded from the factory. VW is not loading it, Continental is loading it before shipping it to the VW factory. The update does exist from various 3rd party sources for the 2012/2013's.
7994 - Known as V5.2, and contains 2011Q3 Map data from Navteq. It is the Map disc VW recently shipped to all 2013 owners. It is the same data as what come from the factory, but appears to reorganize it to improve access to it when using the NAV functions.
8050 - Known as V7, and contains 2013Q1 Map data from Navteq. It appears that the newer 2014's with L Units are coming with this loaded from the factory. VW is not loading it, Continental is loading it before shipping it to the VW factory. The update does exist from various 3rd party sources for the 2012/2013's, and from Navteq.
8112 - Known as V8, and contains 2013Q3 Map data from Navteq. It appears that the newer 2015's are coming with this loaded from the factory. VW is not loading it, Continental is loading it before shipping it to the VW factory. The update does exist from various 3rd party sources for the 2012/2013/2014's, and from Navteq.
8213 - Known as V9, and contains 2014Q1 Map data from Navteq. The update does exist from various 3rd party sources, and from Navteq.
8246 - Known as V10, and contains 2014Q3 Map data from Navteq. The update does exist from various 3rd party sources, and from Navteq.

All Map updates Discs can only be attained by visiting the following site:
http://www.navigation.com/vw

These updates are provided by Navteq.

NONE of the above update can be done via SD Card. They have to be done via disc. POI and Music can be loaded via SD Card, but not Map or Firmware Updates.

Hope this helps to clarify. If anybody has anything to add, post it, and if it is pertinent I will edit the above or add it.:cool:
Hi all,
I'm late to this conversation but am benefitting by it. These two lists of Firmware & Map Updates is exactly what I've been looking for to understand where my RNS510 started and where it can go to. Can anyone validate that these lists are up-to-date and complete? Many thanks to all that contribute.

jayski

TDI
NMS Passat
It's pretty close.
Early models could only update to 1140/1142 firmware.
V.12M (v8534) is the current nav map available.
I have firmware and nav updates if you're looking and can tell you what firmware version you can update to.
The nav update can be applied to any RNS510.
Be careful of euro firmware, some have closely matching versions and could brick your unit if you try to update to them. Make sure it's a north american firmware if your unit is Mexico, US, Canada for sure.

Omar91

TDI
Passat
It's pretty close.
Early models could only update to 1140/1142 firmware.
V.12M (v8534) is the current nav map available.
I have firmware and nav updates if you're looking and can tell you what firmware version you can update to.
The nav update can be applied to any RNS510.
Be careful of euro firmware, some have closely matching versions and could brick your unit if you try to update to them. Make sure it's a north american firmware if your unit is Mexico, US, Canada for sure.
I have RNS510 Korean imported car. It has (DMB) button.
HW: 27
SW: 1086
Can I upgrade FM to 5238 directly? and is it via CD or SD card? I also don't know if this version supports Arabic language.

jayski

TDI
NMS Passat
I wouldn't advise trying to update the firmware or the nav maps via SD card, but I have heard the nav update has worked with the SD card method for units with a bad disc drive. I wouldn't chance trying a firmware update that way.
I'm not familiar with the euro/pacific rim units so I can't comment on what FW version you can roll up to. 5382 is the north american firmware release so I doubt it would work for you.
What's the model # of your rns510?
It will be something like 1T0 035 684 or 3C0 035 684 or more likely closer 1T0 035 680... Or ending in 681, 682, 683

Last edited:

Omar91

TDI
Passat
I wouldn't advise trying to update the firmware or the nav maps via SD card, but I have heard the nav update has worked with the SD card method for units with a bad disc drive. I wouldn't chance trying a firmware update that way.
I'm not familiar with the euro/pacific rim units so I can't comment on what FW version you can roll up to. 5238 is the north american firmware release so I doubt it would work for you.
It will be something like 1T0 035 684 or 3C0 035 684 or more likely closer 1T0 035 680... Or ending in 681, 682, 683
So, disk method is better than SD card method.
mine is 3C8 035 685 A.

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
I'm not familiar with the euro/pacific rim units so I can't comment on what FW version you can roll up to. 5238 is the north american firmware release so I doubt it would work for you.
5238 is not for NA units. It’s for the Euro units. 5382 is for NA.

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
Moderator notes:

A lot of the content of this thread is way outside my expertise or interest scopes, but I know stealth vending and scummy practices when I see it. Tdiclub does NOT tolerate stealing copyright material and reposting for sale or for free, nor do we tolerate stealth vending.

Knock off these hurtful and bad practices NOW, or I'm going to strip out all the illegal content and break out the ban stick, probably leaving this thread in tatters. Not cool. Boo on you.

To make this perfectly clear: NO commercial activities or posts can happen on the Tdiclub outside of the vendor classifieds.

If you see scummy behavior like copyright theft, unauthorized vending, or stealth vending, report it so it gets elevated and nipped in the bud. Tdiclub is supported by member contributions and our volunteer moderator team. We need your help because we have day jobs and businesses of our own to run.

Please don't abuse this tremendous free resource.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.