RNS510 Firmware & Maps Info Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
It sounds like they installed the firmware update and it needs recoded to enable Fender Audio. If you have VCDS or OBDELEVEN it’s an easy fix.

It was 3 weeks of "trouble free" listening thou, i figure if coding was wrong it have had issues since day one.

I do have VCDS, any may give it a whirl after I check firmware version.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
5382 is the latest for your radio in a 2015 Passat.

Yeah that's what we have installed, and Map version 8112 that still shows speed limit on 95 in Maine as 65 MPH, (it's be 70 for almost 2-3 years now)

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
8534 is the latest maps. Your maps are about 3 years old.

Well I consider that a win, the maps were about 3+ years old in 2017 when we bought it, lol.

We did get a $300 VWoA issued debit card for complaining about the out of date maps, we spent it at Ikea.

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
In my 2015 passat sel when it has been running for an hour or less it will repeatedly reboot " initating" every couple minutes. This would appear to be a hardware problem? hhd on its way to crapping out?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
yes most def yes. When ours went south nothing showed on the screen it was rebooting, but you could just hear the unit clicking and whirring over and over again, the back lights did blink everynow and then.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
My Maps are 12M and the FW is 5382.

But any of my Garmin GPS's are are far better than the VW GPS. Plus I get 3 map updates FREE each year.

NoJoPro

TDI
2013 Passat SEL
Hello everyone, I knows is an old thread, but I recently purchased a 2013 Passat TDI SEL (Dieselgate fix) and could use some assistance obtaining the 4366 firmware. This thing needs a little assistance with the horrid latency.

I currently have the RMS 510 with the following:
Delivery Part # 3C0035684G
HW version: H02
SW version 3693

I would appreciate a little help since I don't know if those that volunteered via PM are still into it since this thread is so old.

The only place I seem to be able to find the FW is for sale on Ebay but I'd prefer not to pay for someone's burned disc when I can do it myself.

Thanks,
Joel

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
The only place I seem to be able to find the FW is for sale on Ebay but I'd prefer not to pay for someone's burned disc when I can do it myself.
Thanks,
Joel

So we can assume that you are a software engineer. well versed with the VW FW and can create your own FW file?:rolleyes:

cnytdiguy

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
RNS Firmware

Hoping someone can help me out with the latest firmware for my RNS. Here is my info:

Part Number: 3C0035684N
HW Version: H26
SW Version: 5378

I am plagued by the typical slowness of the backup camera, splash screen issues, etc.

Can someone help me out with version 5382?

Thanks!

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Hoping someone can help me out with the latest firmware for my RNS. Here is my info:
Part Number: 3C0035684N
HW Version: H26
SW Version: 5378
I am plagued by the typical slowness of the backup camera, splash screen issues, etc.
Can someone help me out with version 5382?
Thanks!

My HW: at HW:27 is newer than yours.
I have the 5382 SW
Map: 8534 (M12)

But I too have a lag before the backup screen fires up.:rolleyes:

CrustyOreo

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 2 Door 6MT
Hello everyone, I knows is an old thread, but I recently purchased a 2013 Passat TDI SEL (Dieselgate fix) and could use some assistance obtaining the 4366 firmware. This thing needs a little assistance with the horrid latency.

I currently have the RMS 510 with the following:
Delivery Part # 3C0035684G
HW version: H02
SW version 3693

I would appreciate a little help since I don't know if those that volunteered via PM are still into it since this thread is so old.

Thanks,
Joel
I was able to find 1140 through Google. I think it was off MyGti.com or something.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

NoJoPro

TDI
2013 Passat SEL

jayski

TDI
NMS Passat
I do have the 4366 and 5382 firmware update discs. And the VIM update files to enable movie watching while driving.
As well I have the latest V.12M (version 8534) NAV maps update DVD.
These are North American, careful with the download files from GTI.com.as there are euro files named similarly (5238 lol)
Flip me a PM if you are in need of the files. I'm not trying to get rich from offering these but ask for a few bucks for my time to walk you through the update steps if you wish, and shipping them out in a padded envelope if needed.

CrustyOreo

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 2 Door 6MT
Ok got a weird one. Updated to SW1140 and the newest maps but now when I pop a movie DVD in, nothing happens.
I can hear the DVD drive whirr and load but the movie doesn't auto play and when I go media, I can't select cd/DVD. Also when I go to hit eject, it won't eject until I restart the unit

Any ideas?

jayski

TDI
NMS Passat
Ok got a weird one. Updated to SW1140 and the newest maps but now when I pop a movie DVD in, nothing happens.
I can hear the DVD drive whirr and load but the movie doesn't auto play and when I go media, I can't select cd/DVD. Also when I go to hit eject, it won't eject until I restart the unit
Any ideas?
What is the part # of your rns510?
Hold the SETUP button down and check the version and post a pic here if possible?

CrustyOreo

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 2 Door 6MT
New one, when I started the car, the nav voice said Please Insert Navigation DVD.
Reset the unit and the nav maps loaded like normal.

Then I put a movie DVD in and got this

jayski

TDI
NMS Passat
Just wondering if you've tried a different North American DVD movie to verify the one you tried isn't messed up?
If the region is messed up, VCDS or Vagcom may be able to flip the region code.
I've not seen an A version of the RNS510 so I can't comment much on any version before the E version :-(
Can you press and hold the SETUP button and see if you can hit the hidden menu? Then press VERSION and show a pic here of the Delivery part number and SW-Version?
Sorry I'm not much help with prior systems before E but I'll try and troubleshoot for you.

Last edited:

CrustyOreo

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 2 Door 6MT
Salvage yard was kind enough to exchange the other unit.
The one they sent me now only shows the splash screen and then dies.
Quick search says either bad HD or corrupt fw.
Can I trick the unit into booting the fw cd ?
If this doesn't work I'm just gonna ask for a refund this is ridiculous.

CrustyOreo

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 2 Door 6MT
Does anyone have a link to get the 4366 firmware? I have an E unit that's a bit sluggish on boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.