RNS 510 Nav Updates...how often & cost?

Sparkles

TDI
2012 SEL Premium - 145k miles
I was wondering if anyone knew of the policy/procedure for Nav/Map updates to the RNS510? How often are they provided (quarterly, monthly)? Is there a cost associated to the updates?

Any info would be helpful.

IFRCFI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg TDI Lux
I was wondering if anyone knew of the policy/procedure for Nav/Map updates to the RNS510? How often are they provided (quarterly, monthly)? Is there a cost associated to the updates?

Any info would be helpful.
The updates are from NavTeq, a common supplier to multiple vehicle manufacturers. I believe they are available annually for a cost of $199.

This site asks you for your model and year and will tell you if an update is available. Since it only asks about your model year indicates that at a minimum, the frequency is annual or longer.

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-VWNorthAmerica-Site

Dismayed

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL-Premium TDI
The updates are from NavTeq, a common supplier to multiple vehicle manufacturers. I believe they are available annually for a cost of $199.
This site asks you for your model and year and will tell you if an update is available. Since it only asks about your model year indicates that at a minimum, the frequency is annual or longer.
http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-VWNorthAmerica-Site
I'll be on a 5-year upgrade cycle at that price.

tdipoet

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'11 Jetta TDI
that's an insane price, considering my android phone has up-to-date maps all the time. should be 10% of that price in my opinion.

Dismayed

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL-Premium TDI
Maybe someone will hack into the Nav system and I can just use Google maps . . .