Richmond,Va TDIers

OkiHero

TDI
04 Golf BEW
Hey new to the forums been living in the Ettrick/Matoca area for about 3 years hopefully there are others around and we can have a few gtg and wrench with one another. Let me see who's out here.

OkiHero

TDI
04 Golf BEW
Once I figure out what's going on with mine I'm down to make a trip out there I haven't been to the coast yet.

llemo

TDI
2013 VW Golf TDI; 2003 VW Golf TDI (sold)
I‘m in Chester, between you and Richmond. I sold my mk4 a couple months ago after an accident to Tdipower, now I have a mk6.

fase2000TDI

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jettawagon TDI; 2015 GSW 6MT
Chesapeake, VA here. Would be down for a get together. Have VCDS for the older and newer cars. Currently driving a 2015 golf sportwagen 6mt, and still have my 2003 jettawagon TDI, however she's due for a timing belt, new battery, and brakes all around.

Can definitely help with wrenching, but I don't have my tools down here.

OkiHero

TDI
04 Golf BEW
Right now it's not cranking. I can move the crank about 90* both directions. I pulled the gp and one was sheared off. I have no idea what the head looks like since I don't have the tools to go that far. So I still don't know what actions need to happen like if I need to get the head rebuilt get another motor or just clean it out the only thing I know for sure is imma need a new gp harness since mine crumbled when I pulled the plugs.

llemo

TDI
I replaced the head on my alh with a used one off of ebay when my belt broke. I'm not an expert and I don‘t have timing belt tools for a bew, but I have done it if you need help. The glow plug harness is $150 or something, but easy to replace. You don't really need it now, since it‘s summer.

OkiHero

TDI
04 Golf BEW
I replaced the head on my alh with a used one off of ebay when my belt broke. I'm not an expert and I don‘t have timing belt tools for a bew, but I have done it if you need help. The glow plug harness is $150 or something, but easy to replace. You don't really need it now, since it‘s summer.
Thanks. I'm looking at getting the cam hub remover and one other tool once I get the money which hopefully will be next week. I have a line for a harness and a stage 2 Malone tune for a fair price I'm also looking at.

OkiHero

TDI
04 Golf BEW
Lawl! Wife said the same thing. It just happened to be I asked for one thing and he had something else interesting.

Tdipower86

TDI
98 Jetta AHU, 03 golf tdi ALH
Thinking about selling my mk3 jetta tdi that has been modified stage 3 Malone tune k03k04 hybrid turbo injectors pump tuned there's a lot. figured I would post in her for local guys before I actually post it in the classified section plus I'm just kicking the ideal around. I know I wont get what I have in it that is mainly why I'm kicking the idea around.

OkiHero

TDI
04 Golf BEW
Thinking about selling my mk3 jetta tdi that has been modified stage 3 Malone tune k03k04 hybrid turbo injectors pump tuned there's a lot. figured I would post in her for local guys before I actually post it in the classified section plus I'm just kicking the ideal around. I know I wont get what I have in it that is mainly why I'm kicking the idea around.
I wish, Im still trying to scrap the money for the toolas and parts I need to fix mine.

Tdipower86

TDI
I just came across your other post on the help thread. once that head comes off I think you'll find the problem

OkiHero

TDI
04 Golf BEW
Yeah. I still need to find out what all I need and how to do it. All the videos I see are for the ALH and the ones I see for the BEW are in some Slavic language or the motor is already pulled.

llemo

TDI
the cam lock tool is different from an alh:
http://www.metalnerd.com/catalog/product/7e0069a2d1ad4d2e974753accef0af33

to take the head off you have to take off and replace the timing belt:
https://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/...oval-vw-jetta-tdi-golf-new-beetle-mk4-part-1/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftPByrN6WvU

then you have to unbolt/unplug everything from the head - valve cover, intake/exhaust manifolds, turbo, fuel injectors, coolant hoses, etc.
you need this triple square bit to unbolt the head:
http://www.metalnerd.com/catalog/product/af566013f17d49ab8324468759301817

CJM_RVA

TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
I'm in RVA as well (technically Henrico by about a quarter mile), just north of Bryan Park. Picked up a '13 JSW TDI about a month ago, so it's good to know of some like - minded people in the area. There are actually three other JSWs in my neighborhood but I think they're all the 2.5 gas motor.

llemo

TDI

Wish I could, sounds like a beast. Are you building the mk4 now?

Tdipower86

TDI
Im trying really hard not to and just to drive it. maybe coil overs and fix some of the damage. ive been driving it already put 4000 miles on it. been chasing cel and limp mode on it here lately. its either the maf or vacuum lines. I put my live scanner on it and the maff is working with rpms but not sure on the parameters of it.

llemo

TDI
Any one interested in some kinda get together? Know a good place for pizza, ice cream, chinese food, something that would put up with us? Top Gear style fuel mileage test till you run out of diesel? Drag race against some minivans? Help wrenching?

Maybe a day when it's not a billion degrees outside...

fase2000TDI

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jettawagon TDI; 2015 GSW 6MT
Any one interested in some kinda get together? Know a good place for pizza, ice cream, chinese food, something that would put up with us? Top Gear style fuel mileage test till you run out of diesel? Drag race against some minivans? Help wrenching?

Maybe a day when it's not a billion degrees outside...
Regarding fuel mileage test - an epic ride is the blue ridge park way.

llemo

TDI
There are some great curvy roads between covington and hot springs near the wv border too, but i think it might be a bit far for people near the coast... maybe we could have a smaller meetup close to home and talk about something further out? Not too much activity on here anymore...

OkiHero

TDI
04 Golf BEW
I'm down for all of it. I might just put my golf in the shop since time is never on my side. I just need to find one close enough to tow it to, not gonna require my first born and will do the job right. Closest verified guru is like an hour and a half away.

llemo

TDI
You should look into AAA - unlimited mileage towing for $100 a year. i had to get one tow and it was $150 just to get the car on the truck + mileage. Not sure if they only tow to mechanic shops or what, just an idea.

llemo

TDI
We could meet at Buz and Ned's bbq or Carytown burgers in Richmond and go to a flying squirrels or richmond kickers game? Or wait until hockey or arena football season? Meet at byrd park?

Tdipower86

TDI
keep me posted im up for it all and could meet up with the guys coming from the south east. id roll 460 or 64 im always up for a good road trip.