Reviews of Europeautohaus in Kelowna, BC

otty

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Passat W8=>TDI swap, 4Motion Wagon, PD130(AVF) 6Speed Manual, 2006 Jetta MKIV PD(BEW) Wagon 5Speed Manual

bluesmoker

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 pd 5 speed tip
Anyone have any comments or review of their experience of http://europroautohaus.com/ ?

It is the only recommended place listed on this site anywhere near me. I have some complex issues that need sorting out - http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=363951.

I am considering bringing the Passat to them.

Any info appreciated!
well think of of it this way, the other choice is the local stealership:(

they can't possibly be any worse and are probably extremely competent

Last edited:

otty

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Passat W8=>TDI swap, 4Motion Wagon, PD130(AVF) 6Speed Manual, 2006 Jetta MKIV PD(BEW) Wagon 5Speed Manual
Hopefully you are right... Dealers refuse to work on my car because of the swapped in engine Anyway. They are never an option unless I had a warranty lol.

otty

Veteran Member
TDI
One excellent review came to me via PM. I will find out personally on the 14th when I have a full day booked for a once over and putting in some replacement parts. I will post my account of how it goes...

otty

Veteran Member
TDI
A quick review:

I brought the car in for a rough idle issue. See my link above for the full story. It is loong...

They seemed rushed and really had a brick wall between me and the mechanic. My car is unique because of the swapped engine and I had brought my own parts so a discussion with the mechanic would have been very helpful for everyone.

One of the issues was a non-functioning OEM HID headlight that came with the car. They didn't even notice it was OEM and told me I needed a new ballast ($700) when the new bulbs I brought didn't work. On the advice of the next shop I will try Kooteneay Euro Shop in Castlegar, I checked the fuse. Sure enough, a 50 cent fuse was the issue. They nearly cost me $700+ on a fix that would fail. Now I question their whole diagnosis for my more major issues...

I think they know their stuff, but they are a big shop run like a big business - no personal attention and a firewall between you and the experts. Overall, not really recommended.

To their credit, they did charge me less when nothing I wanted done worked out. They were also endeavoring to find used parts and did agree to work on a swapped car with parts I provided. Many shops won't.

Schwimmwagen

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 GSW TDI bone stock waiting for warranty to expire...
A quick review:

I brought the car in for a rough idle issue. See my link above for the full story. It is loong...

They seemed rushed and really had a brick wall between me and the mechanic. My car is unique because of the swapped engine and I had brought my own parts so a discussion with the mechanic would have been very helpful for everyone.

One of the issues was a non-functioning OEM HID headlight that came with the car. They didn't even notice it was OEM and told me I needed a new ballast ($700) when the new bulbs I brought didn't work. On the advice of the next shop I will try Kooteneay Euro Shop in Castlegar, I checked the fuse. Sure enough, a 50 cent fuse was the issue. They nearly cost me $700+ on a fix that would fail. Now I question their whole diagnosis for my more major issues...

I think they know their stuff, but they are a big shop run like a big business - no personal attention and a firewall between you and the experts. Overall, not really recommended.

To their credit, they did charge me less when nothing I wanted done worked out. They were also endeavoring to find used parts and did agree to work on a swapped car with parts I provided. Many shops won't.
I think your situation is unique, I have 100% confidence in Kevin and his staff at Europro in Kelowna. Kevin used to work for the local stealer, than he started at his house, now he has the new shop and usually has about 16 cars at his shop every day. Have you tried Axel's in Kamloops?