[Review]: ECS Mk4 Rear Hatch Pop Kit

smopoim86

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta Wagon, 11 Sportwagen
I've had one buying experience with ECS Tuning and it will be my last. I don't have any injuries to show for it though. It's a shame they are selling junk for top dollar. It's even worse that the vortex would erase this thread.

TDI_G

Veteran Member
TDI
None Currently- 2008 BMW 335I
Looks like you did a good job of doctoring up that cut. I think the scar would have been worse with stitches.

darkscout

Grammar Scout
TDI
2003 Golf
It's even worse that the vortex would erase this thread.
New take on an old joke:

ECS Tuning PM's the Vortex mods and says "Will you remove a thread for $1 Million dollars". The Vortex mods respond... "Of course. What ever you ask.".

ECS Tuning replies "Will you remove a thread for $1?"

Vortex mods reply disgusted, "What type of mods do you think we are?"

ECS Tuning replies "I know what type of mods you are, now we're just negotiating price"

KZL_05TDI

TDI
2005 Golf GLS TDI Manual
So I'm a little late to the party... but I got the kit around May and put it in, not hard... and it worked perfectly and like it was supposed to... for the first week or so...
then my left strut end cap broke and yes, dented and scratched up my tail light... ooookkk

I contacted ECS and I sent out the broken strut and they sent me a new one... and the strut end cap broke AGAIN after two days... so I said, strew it...

I still had my old struts so I put those on without the springs and now...well, what's the point of the 'automatic pop' portion of the kit?! (my latch was broken and this solved it, but still...I'm keeping it because this)

I'm going to call them today and see what they have new with the kit (there's a 'new' symbol by it) and different pictures featuring different bump stops maybe? So I'll ask and see what they can do...

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
At this point, I would file this under "repeating the same behavior and expecting a different outcome."