Reversed Electronic funds by VW from my account

msandhu413

TDI
Audi TDI
Hello all,
just noticed VW have reversed my electronic transfer today and my account is showing negative.
Vehicle: 2010 A3 Hatchback 4D TDI Premium Plus

Electronic Credit by VW received on 12/30/2016 – Amount $24436.73
Electronic Reversed Credit by VW on 01/09/2017 - Amount $24436.73
Turned in Audi A3 TDI on 12/28/2016 – Receipt Received by VW.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
Whelp boys, don't leave'em cattle in the corral.

visortgw

Veteran Member
TDI
None: 2012 JSW with Sunroof (traded pre-scandal); 2014 JSW with Sunroof/Nav (early lease termination 12/17/2016)
Hello all,
just noticed VW have reversed my electronic transfer today and my account is showing negative.
Vehicle: 2010 A3 Hatchback 4D TDI Premium Plus

Electronic Credit by VW received on 12/30/2016 – Amount $24436.73
Electronic Reversed Credit by VW on 01/09/2017 - Amount $24436.73
Turned in Audi A3 TDI on 12/28/2016 – Receipt Received by VW.
Without any prior notification?!? Is that legal? :eek: (I guess that it doesn't matter -- VWGoA and their subcontractors do what they wish...)

msandhu413

TDI
Audi TDI
Without any prior notification?!? Is that legal? :eek: (I guess that it doesn't matter -- VWGoA and their subcontractors do what they wish...)
Yes, no email - no phone call nothing. I called them the day i turned in the car and they said everything is good. And after 10 days i funds are reversed.

Mr. Furious

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Does the deposited amount match what the receipt said you're supposed to get? If they deposited the wrong amount I can see them reversing it and then putting in the right amount, but they sure as hell shouldn't have done it without telling you.

beancounter

TDI
2014 Sportwagen 2013 Beetle Conv
What did your bank say? There are a lot of rules regarding those sort of things. I have to say something seems off about this. Call VW and ask ***

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
I'm suggesting you begin by contacting your bank.

A quick search online (in other words, low confidence) says employers in most states have five business days to reverse a direct deposit, but EFT payments are generally not reversible once YOUR bank accepts it. In California, reversals are not allowed without consent. How, or if, the bank differentiates direct deposit from EFT is probably best explained by them.

So anyway, start with your bank. You'll probably be spinning your wheels with VW just trying to get an explanation.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
What does your Chase QuickPay account say? That's where the funds came through into your account, so there might be some detail there.

843tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Audi A3 Premium Plus, 2015 Passat SE Tdi
There is def more to this story. I know your car had a salvaged title but is there anything else we are missing or you are the calmest person I have ever met as I would have blown my lid.

fookin

Veteran Member
TDI
A3
Thre's a phone number on the receipt, there's a phone number to your rep that took in your car, there's a phone number for chase.... you're posting incomplete information.

msandhu413

TDI
Audi TDI
There is no more to the story. We had this car for 2 years (2010 model with 55k miles) - the whole process went well. Before returning we made sure it was complete - even got it washed and vacuumed. There was no communication regarding this reversal - there is a mistake that happened. I have called my bank to verify and i'm hoping it will be fixed soon.

duratitus

Veteran Member
TDI
Several different models. Selling them back to VW
Did you ask your bank how they could release the funds without your prior approval?

ottomatic

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golfwagen SE 6MT
THANKS.
NO EFT for me.
Especially since last week I had a company over Debit my account $1,034.00 by mistake.
They did make good after I called them and apologized.
Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me

843tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Audi A3 Premium Plus, 2015 Passat SE Tdi
There is no more to the story. We had this car for 2 years (2010 model with 55k miles) - the whole process went well. Before returning we made sure it was complete - even got it washed and vacuumed. There was no communication regarding this reversal - there is a mistake that happened. I have called my bank to verify and i'm hoping it will be fixed soon.
What was the mistake as it my help someone else in the future on here to know?

gtmule

TDI
Passat, Jetta, Passat
What was the mistake as it my help someone else in the future on here to know?
He doesn't know, he just knows there was one....

OP, please report back as soon as you hear anything, I'm sure we're all curious. Suggest you call the class attorneys ASAP this morning and get them on the case.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
If the mistake was made by VW or Chase, then they sould also owe you for any overdraft charges. If VW overpayed due to higher mileage, then they should have caught that at turn in.

tjsadler

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SE 6m
This seems extremely odd to say the least. Here's hoping there's another component that the OP isn't revealing or that it's a weird fluke that VWoA corrects quickly...

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
I opened a separate account for the buyback funds to go into, and immediately transferred them out of there once received. Easy to do, costs nothing, and would have prevented this from happening. Something to consider.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Not necessarily. If the other bank thinks there was an error, they can still pull the funds and overdraft your account. It doesn't matter if you have any money in that account or not.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
I guess it's the difference between taking money I have, and saying I owe money I don't have (there). Either way it would likely be resolved in my favor, but I'd rather not lose use of that money in the interim. And I'd expect my bank would reject an attempted debit when there are insufficient funds available to cover it.

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
I opened a separate account for the buyback funds to go into, and immediately transferred them out of there once received. Easy to do, costs nothing, and would have prevented this from happening. Something to consider.
Totally irrelevant, but this advice is also good for PayPal use as well. Never link your main accounts with PayPal.

msandhu413

TDI
Audi TDI
Not necessarily. If the other bank thinks there was an error, they can still pull the funds and overdraft your account. It doesn't matter if you have any money in that account or not.
Correct ! (your account will show negative balance meaning you owe that money to the bank...)