Retarded timing on first acceleration

Mk3_Moe

TDI
1998 Mk3 TDI AHU
Hey Guys,
I just started my car this afternoon it was a little windy but I had a really rough start for about a minute and smoke was pouring out here and there for about 45 seconds. I do have a check engine light for p0380 but the glow plugs and harnesses were fixed including relays and fuses. Only thing i have left to do is my timing and fuel injection pump timing. do you guys think that could be the cause of the code still being there. previous owner said that the pump is mistimed. first time having a rough cold start after buying this car.

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
The code is for the GP system.
I would start checking for power to each plug, amperage draw to each plug and possible bad ground including the ground wire from the battery to the trans (or block).
The pump out of time may cause the rough start as well as cylinders that are not heated properly by the glow plugs.

Mk3_Moe

TDI
1998 Mk3 TDI AHU
The code is for the GP system.
I would start checking for power to each plug, amperage draw to each plug and possible bad ground including the ground wire from the battery to the trans (or block).
The pump out of time may cause the rough start as well as cylinders that are not heated properly by the glow plugs.
they were checked and they were close to each other in ohms, and i havent had a problem warming up just that one morning where smoke poured out. ill definitely check wiring around the negative terminal because the person before me told me that one of the glow plugs went out and he replaced them and changed the wiring harness to it also