Request Wal-Mart to Carry Delvac 1

KentSzabo

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS, 2002, Mojave Beige Metallic
It would be most convenient if Wal-Marts across the country carried Mobil Delvac 1 synthetic. The following link will get you to their web page that enables you to contact them.
161.165.200.61/wmstore/wmstores/HomePage.jsp?template=OnlineForm.jsp
Perhaps if enough people express an interest in them carrying Delvac 1 they may start doing so.

[ May 22, 2002, 09:18: Message edited by: KentSzabo ]

Mark Mellblom

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI Golf 2001 TDI Golf
I just e-mailed them and cited that TDICLUB has over 9000 members online so the word will get out quickly when they stock it. Thanked them for recently adding Rotella but mentioned DELVAC as being more suited for newer turbos. Also mentioned they stock Delvac-1 in Canada because it is marketed as an exteme cold weather diesel lubricant.

car54

theGAME
TDI
2002 Jetta
I'd rather ask my local auto parts store to carry it. Walmart is a big box that puts everyone else out of business. and guess what? their prices arent as hot as they would like you to believe. I can buy rotella 15w-40 cheaper from the local shell distributor. (6.17/gal versus 4.99/gal)

TEXAS_TDI

BANNED
I think my local Wal-Mart carries Delvac-1. When I first bought my TDI I think I saw it there. But I looked a couple of days ago, and didn't see any. But there were a lot of empty spots on the shelves as well. Had plenty of Shell Rotella Synthetic though.
$18.88 for a 1 gallon jug and $4.95 for 1 quart.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
FWIW,

The midwest chain of Farm & Fleet stores is going to no longer carry Delvac1 once the current supply runs out. they say limited demand....whatever!

Dorado

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle TDI, 2002, Cool White
I don't know how Walmart works, but usually, in big chain supermarkets and department stores, suppliers have to pay a big fee to have the chain sell their products, and many times they themselves have to get it to the stores and even provide the personel to put it up on the shelves. So it may be the case that this is up to Mobil instead of Walmart.

chopchop

Top Post Dawg
I couldn't agree more, car 54!

Once the big Supermarket chains have cleaned out all the smaller businesses, they end up having so much clout, choice having been removed, that they control US [that's us as in you & me, not as in USA]. We are lulled into believing their hype about low prices, but when you check out some of them, the picture's not necessarily so rosy.

It's probably as bad here, but in the UK, the real control the big supermarkets wield over their suppliers stinks as well.

- Richard

car54

theGAME
TDI
2002 Jetta
Originally posted by Dorado:
I don't know how Walmart works, but usually, in big chain supermarkets and department stores, suppliers have to pay a big fee to have the chain sell their products, and many times they themselves have to get it to the stores and even provide the personel to put it up on the shelves. So it may be the case that this is up to Mobil instead of Walmart.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is true. I seasonally work with the Scotts comspany (scotts, ortho, miracle gro, roundup). I make sure our stuff is on the shelf at home depots and lowes, and do inventory and place orders. great job, but we dont provide merchandising at walmart, just inventory and ordering.

KentSzabo

Veteran Member
TDI
Originally posted by Dorado:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They already carry Mobil Delvac 1300, so I guess they have paid their fee.

Georgeseq

Gone But Not Forgotten
I don't know about 'paying their dues' but Delvac 1300S is what they use in most of their fleet trucks; however, they do use Delvac 1 in some of their fleet locations, like Denver, Salt Lake, etc.

SwanTDI

Veteran Member
Why not request local stores to carry Delvac-1 instead of Walmart? What is your cost savings going to be at Walmart, $2.00 a case(4 gallons)? I'd rather buy local and pay a little more. Car 54 and Chopchop have the right idea.

-DM

TEXAS_TDI

BANNED
Originally posted by Diesel Monkey:
Why not request local stores to carry Delvac-1 instead of Walmart?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Like it or not, I buy most everything at my Wal-Mart supercenter. Why go to 2 different stores when I can buy my groceries and other non-food items in one store for a great price?

Anyway, a couple days ago, I looked for Delvac-1 again. Wal-Mart didn't have any and there was no spot for it. They did have Mobil Delvac 1300 though.
I'm gonna make a few trips to some local auto parts stores to see if I can find it.

Is it true CAT oil is actualy Delvac-1??? There is a CAT dealer here.

gardentender

RIP, Gone But Not Forgotten
TDI
Jetta GL 5 spd, 2001, Galactic Blue
I tried 4 Cat dealers here in the DFW area, none stocked the CAT/Delvac oil, but could order it.

easier to get from a Mobil distributor by the $84 case.

solstar

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 NB red cabrilet
In Houston,Tx there would be more purchasing of Delvac 1 if a reliable source is found! But if you do find it they (the store) will discontinue, due to lack of demand???? My opinion if they dont carry it how can I purchase it!
It's Like Sam's they sell it to you ,then if it's gone they don't get any more, for a Long time, or if ever-- One my pet gripes with a Warehouse type of Store!

KentSzabo

Veteran Member
TDI
Here is Wal-Marts reply to my request:

Thank you for your message.

We do not have access to store inventory lists or price lists at this web
site. Please contact your local Wal-Mart store manager for more information
and availability.

Thank you.

[ May 29, 2002, 12:12: Message edited by: KentSzabo ]

Mark Mellblom

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI Golf 2001 TDI Golf
I got a reply from Walmart, a telephone call from a local asst. manager. He has requested his buyer place Delvac-1 5-40 Full Synthetic on the available list of products that stores can order from (here in Virginia?). He also directed me to Papco Oil in Virginia Beach as an alternative source if I needed it right away. Man, I'm impressed. He told me he'd give me another call when he heard back from the buyer with confirmation and when he got the product on his shelf. No word on the price.

Super Walmart, Princes Anne Road, Virginia Beach, VA. 757-416-3480

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Mark, that sounds too easy. Can you let us know if they actually produce the stuff?

Thanks.

SwanTDI

Veteran Member
Why go to 2 different stores when I can buy my groceries and other non-food items in one store for a great price?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's only a "great" (I don't find the prices that 'great') price until they put everyone else around out of business.

Ok, I'm done. People can make their own opinions about Walmart.

TEXAS_TDI

BANNED
Originally posted by Diesel Monkey:
It's only a "great" (I don't find the prices that 'great') price until they put everyone else around out of business.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I can only speak for my area (Tyler TX aka East Texas). Here, Wal-Mart has lower prices than anybody else for groceries. And if another store does happen to have a lower price (usually only because it's on sale) Wal-Mart will honor the competitor's price.

When you're the sole provider of income for a wife and 2 young children, you tend to try to save money any way you can. (legally anyway)

[ May 30, 2002, 14:08: Message edited by: ProjectZwoTDI ]