Replacing the RNS510 Radio

Leo.Freeborg

TDI
Passat SEL
Howdy,

I was wondering if any of y'all had any experience replacing the Radio system in your Passat's? I've got a 2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium and my radio crapped out a bit ago. I took it to the dealership and they said it'd be like 2,700 to replace it with factory setting. They actually recommended Cartoys.com to replace it for cheaper, but I'm inclined to keep that factory look. Found a few RNS510 that match my car for a couple hundred bucks online and thought about giving it the ol' college try. I've found a couple that said that it didn't come with the PIN. What would I have to do to get that code to hook it up?

Thanks for any help!

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Might want to try Eurozone Tuning. I bought my RNS315 from them long ago new pull out and set up and ready to go.

Might need a VCDS for tweaks but Anut there abouts could help with that or someone else with VCDS close. If needed at all.

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
For my beetle (upgraded to an rns 315) i had to go to the local dealer with the radio installed. Dealers are not able to pull the code with vin and radio serial number anymore.

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW
Might want to try Eurozone Tuning. I bought my RNS315 from them long ago new pull out and set up and ready to go.

Might need a VCDS for tweaks but Anut there abouts could help with that or someone else with VCDS close. If needed at all.
That's actually a decent price for RNS510, but I upgraded to the very cheap chinese RCD360 which has Android Auto/Carplay, the only thing extra it needs is a conversion box for the rearview camera signal.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I had upgraded the HU in an Excursion with a China Android unit. It did do everything it said it would do but the sound quality out of it wasn't that good.

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW
RCD360 is not a whatever china android hu. My understanding is VW use these for their models sold inside of china.

My RCD360 indeed talks to vcds, and over CAN.

rmilchman

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL
I went a different path and upgraded to a Kenwood. There really was no issue, with some adapters my review camera is working as well as my steering wheel controls. I bought everything at CrutchField.