Replacing suspension on A4, need replacement bolt part numbers or a kit

hutchman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Pkg 1, 5 Spd, Graphite Blue / 2002 Jetta GLS, Black w/tan leather
Getting ready to replace suspension on my 02 Jetta and need the replacement part numbers of all the "use once" TTY bolts and nuts that I'll encounter.

I have been searching the forums but haven't found anything like this.

If anyone sells a kit that would be good to know too.

I'm replacing all the bushings and struts (swaybar, control arm etc.).

Also replacing the clutch so may just go ahead and drop subframe to make that job easier so will need replacement bolts related to that area too. I have the bolt kit for the clutch (flywheel/pp, engine mounts etc.).

Thanks!

Brian

Krusshall

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI DSG
Forward Bolt: N-904-840-03
Aft Bolt: N-102-622-01

These are the bolts for the LCA's

Metalman Parts, Impex, TDIparts sell the strut pinch bolts. The balljoints have TTY bolts which you can get from the same vendors however I replaced my balljoints and new bolts came with.

Oh yeah, you will need the swaybar link to LCA bolts as they are TTY. I just reused my old ones.

Lex4TDI4Life

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf-Ute TDI GLS 5spd Manual
http://www.tdiparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=36_62&products_id=908 will take care of the shocks and struts.

I dont believe the swaybar endlinks or bushings are TTY, but I could be wrong. New endlinks should come with bolts anyways. You will probably need to order new brackets for the bushings as they changed design at some point. Check out http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=703198.

I have read many times that, even though the subframe bolt is TTY, that most people don't bother replacing it.

Wook660

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Red Jetta GL TDI 5 speed
I recently replaced every TTY bolt under the car when I replaced all my worn suspension components. I too removed the subframe and sway bars. I went through the Bentley and every bolt that was listed as TTY I recorded and went just went to the dealer and ordered. There is a lot of odd ball ones you probably won't find online. It wasn't too cheap considering it was just nuts and bolts, but since i had the entire bottom end of the car off, I figured I might as well do it right. Do you have access to a repair manual, I don't think I kept my list, but I'm not sure.

hutchman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Pkg 1, 5 Spd, Graphite Blue / 2002 Jetta GLS, Black w/tan leather
Wook660 said:
I recently replaced every TTY bolt under the car when I replaced all my worn suspension components. I too removed the subframe and sway bars. I went through the Bentley and every bolt that was listed as TTY I recorded and went just went to the dealer and ordered. There is a lot of odd ball ones you probably won't find online. It wasn't too cheap considering it was just nuts and bolts, but since i had the entire bottom end of the car off, I figured I might as well do it right. Do you have access to a repair manual, I don't think I kept my list, but I'm not sure.
Yes, I made copies of Bentley pictures and hilighted the items marked "always replace". I did take this to my dealer and left it with them. Several hours later I got a call that the couldn't fine some of the items I marked.

I'm sure there are many that have been where I'm about to go so I hope someone kept there parts list of what was replaced.