Replaced Battery, Now Lots of Electrical Issues

Popsickle

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
I was out of town for two months and during this time the battery died in my 2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI, I replaced the battery this morning and the car cranked and runs fine. But I am having the following electrical issues that were not present before my trip.

Also, there is an exclamation point light on that I have never seen, located where the mileage is.

-Car does not respond to keyfob, light activates on fob itself
-Power locks do not work
-Head lights do not work
-Turn signals do not work
-Wipers do not work
-Ok, lets make this short, they only electronics working are the after market radio, speedometer, and tachometer.

I have no clue what is wrong and haven't found anything yet

Jonathan

Last edited:

FXDL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI with DSG
You might want to try taking both the negative then positive cables off and touching them together for 15 minutes.
My understanding is that is discharges every thing for a fresh start.
If you goole it, it will explain it better for you.
Check it out, as maybe will help you.

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI Premium Blue, 2011 Jetta Sportwagen SE Silver
I have had this problem with my 04 VW Touareg. In that case, and it may be different, but I had a not the most reputable local VW dealer do the battery, and they didnt know where it was, so they had 2 people working on it. Well it seems it was flickering on and off because they didnt connect it right. When it flickers on and off due to faulty installers work, it puts all the technology at risk. I think this is what causes the result you are having. Its unfortunate, and the bottom line, is now these things are malfunctioning.

Its ideal if this is the simple case. If its replaced and doesnt work properly then obviously its an electrical issue with that wire as well that will need to be dealt with.