Reno GTG

Denton T. Young

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GL TDI
It is time for another Reno GTG.

I think late September or early October would be a good time.

Unrelated item: Who wants to split a case of Delvac-1 with me? Interstate Oil sells Delvac by the case, $88.

ChugBug

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Beetle
i'd be interested in a reno gtg. just try to plan it for before or after the capistrano gtg. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

zebrajeb

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 02, Silver, AT
I'd be interested if I'm in town. May have to be out last weekend of September and first weekend of October.
Maybe someone could show me how to check the TB.

ChugBug

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Beetle
it is working ok. I had some warning lights and some sluggishness when cold, but it has goen away. It probably needs some adjustment, but I won't be able to meet up with Peter to do that for a few weeks.

ChugBug /images/graemlins/smile.gif

eetsoot

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, galaxy blue
I'm game for a road trip to Reno. If I get this insurance thing going. This last week I was rear ended. My trunk and bumper are gone, and the rear doors are rubbing. I also had an electrical fire in the trunk. I won't know what the status is till later this week.

First D

Veteran Member
Dang, I can't believe how things have changed. I think the only weekends I can make it for the next two months are September 20 and October 4 (preferably the latter). Any chance for that?

ruking

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 VW Jetta, 5 M, Reflex Silver: 09 Jetta, 6 Sp DSG, Candy White: 12 VW Touareg, 8 Sp A/T, Flint Gray
[ QUOTE ]
eetsoot said:
I'm game for a road trip to Reno. If I get this insurance thing going. This last week I was rear ended. My trunk and bumper are gone, and the rear doors are rubbing. I also had an electrical fire in the trunk. I won't know what the status is till later this week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gary,

I am glad you were not hurt! I am sorry to hear about the accident and damage to your VW !! I hope all goes well in getting it back to normal!

Rick

peter pyce

Veteran Member
Yes, Gary, sad news! Just when I thought that the TB GTG went great and no one got hurt, etc.....Dang! You and that e-mail /images/graemlins/frown.gif To think about how much we care about our cars, get the best oil, change it always in time and so on...... and one day someone just BANG! ..... and all is gone! Sad, very sad... Let us know how things go and if we can help in some way.

As for the Reno GTG, if you guys do it 20 Sept, I will be there. October is a no go, as I have a very unexpected trip to Europe. But it is ok to miss the GTG. The most important part is that others will go and have fun. We always win some and lose some. In case of 20 Sept, looking forward to seeing you (and most of all, we have to do that Desert Drive we always talked about!)...in case you guys go for October, then have a wonderful GTG! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

eetsoot

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, galaxy blue
I got the a partial estimate on damage to my car. $4300 not including the electrical work or the seat damage(the claims adjuster failed to note the seat). The electrical is being subed out. They are expecting a 24 day process, this includes VW's tendency to have to special order things. The shop said if it was a toyota they could have shaved 10 days off, easy. See we aren't the only ones complaining about VW.

I doubt I will be able to make it. I will not drive my Toyota truck that far. At 208K, I'm not afraid of a brake down but 8 hours in a bouncing 4X4 all the while only getting 19 mpg and paying over $2.00/gal for fuel, no way! I will post if there is a change.

dlai

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Passat, Stonehenge Gray, 2002 Black Golf 5M
Gary: Ask First D if you can hitch a ride with him...Bummer about the car but at least you're ok and they can fix the car, rather than totaling the thing. Of course, I know you want that TDI Passat, so...are you gonna keep the car after it's fixed?

eetsoot

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, galaxy blue
It's bad enough I used your floor. I feel realy guilty when I impose on people. Besides, I'm waiting for when you get the the Big V10 Tourag! Can you say Rubicon tested?!!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

eetsoot

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, galaxy blue
I really don't like the idea of having a car that had an electrical fire. I know it was only the circiut in the trunk but who knows what could have been affected. After the electrical gets fixed, they claim that a cel light will be triggered if there are problems. Do you have faith in the ECU's diagnostic mode? I don't. After all, VW made the tail light harness with a built in fuse. That one worked really well, maybe instead of a fuse they should have tried a halon extingquisher./images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll keep the car until I start seeing things go wrong. I would rather see the down payment money go somewhere else(mainly a house or a condo). Besides, with a 2004, what would I do with all my A4 stuff? Sell it for pennies on the dollar? Spoken like the cheap B*st#rd that I am!

peter pyce

Veteran Member
Alan, you are not organizing this GTG just to split a case of Delvac, aren't you? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

First D

Veteran Member
Any date yet for the GTG? If I can make it I need to know a couple of weeks in advance so I can get a sub for my Friday night bowling league... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Denton T. Young

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GL TDI
It looks like my schedule is booked up for the weekends thru October.

I will not be able to host the GTG.

Is there a volunteer in the Reno/Tahoe area?

ChugBug

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Beetle
when is the reno gtg happening? i've been itching to go to reno and a gtg would be a great excuse /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chugbug