Renault diesel rally car

RED

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 TDI 4dr GOLF 6sp MAN
Not exactly TDI info, but it is Diesel motorsports related:
http://home.netvigator.com/~europa/0_News/Latest/Current/News_frame.htm
Renault diesel rally car
Ha, just days after I predicted a diesel engine breaking the 100hp/litre barrier in Editorial, Renault really did that, although it is a rally car. A buggy based on Renault Kangoo is attending the Paris-Dakar rally now. It uses a 200hp version of Renault's 1.9-litre dCi common-rail diesel turbo engine developed by Renault Sport. Enhanced turbocharger, injection system and cooling account for those power. The car is built and run by Team Schlesser, the class winner of this event in the previous 2 years. On Jan 13 we'll see how well they finish. Maybe someday we can see an Audi R10 TDI winning Le Mans by less frequent refuel ?

[ January 04, 2002: Message edited by: RED ]</p>

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
100 bhp/litre in a Diesel was achieved almost 5 year ago in the 1997 season with the 190hp VW R-TDI, without fancy common rail, etc. that the Renault engine has... I believe the latest R-TDI in the VW Motorsport program is putting out 220hp from the same 4-cylinder engine
!!

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Gary Miyakawa:
I believe Tuneline.at has pulled 242hp from their 1.9L Rally Golf...
<hr></blockquote>