removing side signal marker lights A4 Jetta

Thadude

TDI
2001 Jetta
I"m wondering how to remove the side signal lights from my jetta, I am not talking about the running lights towards the front but the signal marker closest to the A pillar. I tried pushing forward to remove it, but all I got out of it was a bruised finger from slipping off the marker..

Any help would be appreciated

bruzer_boy

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI
I believe that they pop off. Just get something plastic with a narrow end on it, get behind it a bit and push. Just watch the paint. If I am wrong, I am sure someone will tell me, but that is how I did it on my Golf. I don't think it would be much different on the Jetta.

Karjar

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Touareg V6 TDI
There is a little finger tab on the back of one side. I think it is the side closest to the door, but could be wrong. I pushed one way on the light and if that didn't work, pushed from the other side. When you get the right side, it the latch pushes back and the other end will pop out. Use something hard but watch the paint, and push sideways, front to back or back to front depending on how the light was snapped in.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Yup, spring clip on one end of the marker light. Push toward clip, and use something to persuade the other end to pop out of the fender. A little electrical tape on a small screwdriver tip protects the tape nicely.

Thadude

TDI
2001 Jetta
thanks for the prompt responses! Will give it a try later

thanks again