Removing Fuel Injectors

roni024

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL DSG
I'm getting ready for a little project and need some advice. I haven't actually dug in under the hood yet, so all the info I have is from Elsa Win (ErWin).

I'll be checking/changing the valve cover gasket on my CKRA this weekend, and in doing research as to the procedure, I noticed the service manual calls for removing the fuel injectors. It mentions special tools T10055 (slide hammer) and T10415 (puller attachment).

First question, do I really need to remove the injectors if I'm just changing the valve cover gasket and reinstalling the original valve cover?

And, if I really DO need to remove the injectors, can it be properly done without the special tools?

Thanks in advance.

roni024

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL DSG
I'm not exactly sure if the gasket is bad or not. I have an oil leak from an area I can't see, and the valve cover gasket has been mentioned by others as a likely culprit. I won't know until I tear into it tho. Car has 107k.

roni024

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL DSG
Thank you for posting the link. That helped me out more than a bit! I forget that the CKRA engine is so similar to other CR TDIs. I'll try to keep that in mind for future searches.

xxcsu

TDI
2006 TDI Jetta Package 2 ; 2013 Passat Tdi SEL ; 2012 Golf TDI
my passat TDI sel had a same problem , oil leak from the valve cover area...
The gasket has been replaced , but it did not fixed the problem...
Had to remove 2nd time , after very close inspection , we found out , there was a very small crack on the valve cover itself ...

roni024

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL DSG
That's interesting that the cover itself was cracked. Was the crack near the timing belt side of the engine? Do you recall where you were finding oil on the engine/attached parts?