removing dsg transmition

Antone

TDI
2000golf,2002jetta,2006jetta
have 2006tdi brmengine changing flywheel trans. will only seperate from engine enough to clear locating dowels acts like a froze up piliot bearing . if iit has piliot bearing any idea how to get apart

Marinel

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
You may have to remove the passenger side axle flange to get a little more clearance. Also do yourself a favor and remove the subframe as well. You're going to have a hell of a time removing the trans with it in place since the dsg trans is bigger than the manual.

Marinel

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Also no pilot bearing on the dsg if I recall correctly. it should just come out like a manual.

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 1999.5 jettaIV,2005 BEW Beetle
Pulling the cooling fan assembly allows you to swing the engine/trans forward enough to avoid having to disturb the subframe. Just watch how far you pull on the heater core hoses.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I have had the pilot bearing that was seized/came apart cause some tough trans removal on these.

Liberal use of penetrating oil in the bellhouse, and gentle prying and patience got them apart.

I take the subframes out on these, whole rack and all, because it is so silly easy to do. Like 10 minutes easy, usually. And then you have lots of room.

narongc73

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Removing subframe require alignment. If you remove drive flanges, there is no need to remove subframe. I have done it both ways and drive flanges is the way.

Antone

TDI
2000golf,2002jetta,2006jetta
still working on stuck trans. can you drill hole in top of bellhousing to get fluid where it's needed Antone

Franko6

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
May be too obvious, but after removing the starter, there is a hidden bolt in the recess... One of those ZXN's. That one can slow you down.