Removing A-pillar trim

Hoffer

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS, 2003, Black
Has anybody removed the A piller trim from an A4? I've got a 2003 with side curtain airbags, blah, blah, blah. Anyway, I'd like to remove the A-pillar trim so I can neatly run some wires behind there. Is it hard to get that piece off? Thanks,

- hoffer

Ted_Grozier

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GL 4-dr
Easiest way to get it off is to round your favorite woodsy corner and grab the handbrake mid-turn. Or just ram the side of your car with, say, a Suburban.

Removing the panel breaks it. There is no easy way.

If you want to run wires behind it, shove them in on the windshield side, using a stiff credit card or similar to force them in. They will stay just fine.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
The A-pilar is removable without breaking. The trick is a clip at the top. SVTWEB says you have to pull the front part of the headliner loose to get this clip and then gently pry.I haven't tried it yet but very soon I will as I am installing an A-Pilar boost gauge.

Lightman

Veteran Member
I've also heard there is a clip you have to pry/push to release the a-pillar. They wouldn't design it so you had to break it to remove it. VW can be morons, but I'd give them THAT much credit =] If anyone tries it successfully, let us know !