Remote Start

holeintheice

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI SW
Anyone know or a remote starter kit where I can use my OEM VW fob to start the car? I have a 14 Touareg. I have heard I thought of something where you hit the lock twice... thanks. I do not like carrying a lot of things on me. Like 2 fobs.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
These don't warm up significantly sitting and idling. If you have the money and/or the skill, your best option is an OEM parking heater retrofit from the ROW market.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
No. It's a fancy, integrated into all systems as an OEM solution, diesel fired heater used on these rigs in cold climates to address the slow warmup issue.... Unfortunately, we never got the option on this side of the pond.

holeintheice

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI SW
Have seen and heard about installs. No Bueno. Remote is what I'm looking for as possibly cooling car down too in summer.
More **** to leak and or break I spose.

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
Have seen and heard about installs. No Bueno. Remote is what I'm looking for as possibly cooling car down too in summer.
More **** to leak and or break I spose.
Not sure what your talking about almost all the touaregs built outside of north american ones have these..its a factory heater and they are amazing.

BuckeyeMan71

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta wagon
Unless you need the original fob to start the car most remote starters are also able to lock your doors and arm your alarm system so only need the one fob