Remote start shutdown when door opened

spepin

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium
As I'm sure you're aware, when you remote start your engine, it shuts off as soon as you open the trunk or any door. VW says this is a theft deterrent feature, but I feel it's better implemented in other (non-VW) vehicles such as shutting it down when you press the brake pedal (which you'd need to do in order to shift into gear anyway).

Anyhow, is there any way to disable this "feature" via VCDS?

Radek

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
In my 15 passat engine shuts down only after pressing the brake, not sure if the previous owner disabled that safety feature

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

abishoff

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
I haven’t found anything to change this, so definitely curious to see if there is something I missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
In my 15 passat engine shuts down only after pressing the brake, not sure if the previous owner disabled that safety feature

Is it a factory remote start system or aftermarket?

If factory, you're saying you can open the door and the car stays running after being started via remote?

Radek

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
Oem remote and Yes

senez

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Passat DSG
That's really strange. I've got a 2015 and it definitely shuts off when the door is opened.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
ohh time to dig into VCDS.

Typically i'm in the passat when the white stuff is coming down it'd be nice to remote start then grab the brush from out back and clear off the car without shutting it down. Now I don't even bother remote start, just start it up normally then grab my brush, thus getting a bit of snow inside. (First world problems)

spepin

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium
I just emailed Ross-Tech and got a response that they are unaware of any way of changing this behavior via VCDS.