Release date of new Jetta SportWagen TDI?

Trbogolf

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 Sportwagen
megavites said:
By spoiler, do you mean rear spoiler? It shows as an option on VW.com
but every Sportwagen I've seen has it on. I'll let you know for sure tomorrow.:D
They all have the small roof spoiler on them. There is a larger optional Votex spoiler. Look at the SEMA JSW. The part is a 330 option but to buy from the dealer it's 533 painted not installed.
Part # 1K9-071-640-DS-A7W The last 3 digits are for your paint code. A7W is reflex silver

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
I want to advise you all that I'm planning on moving this thread to the A5 Golf/Jettas forum. I will give sufficient time for this thread to remain here as a heads up before the move is made. You can still feel free to post to this thread when it has been moved to its rightful forum.

The reason is that this thread has served its originally-titled purpose to discuss the release date of the Jetta SportWagen TDI. That has come and gone for months. This is a special thread since it is by far the longest one in the entire history of the forums, with over 5,400 posts as of this writing. VWoA MUST be taking notice and reading the trials, tribulations, and jubilations of `09 owners, both actual, prospective and hopeful.

This forum is for discussing media and press releases relating to TDIs and TDI technology. This thread has now matured to the point where it's a great discussion point among `09 JSW TDI owners in a single stop. Keep this up!

I fully expect that there will be no leaps for joy for this move. However, it's one that is due.

Last edited:

Andy_2009_JSW

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen TDI (DSG)[SOLD BACK], 2012 Golf 2.5L Gasser (5MT), 2017 Alltrack S (6MT)
unsub1 said:
Now I have an idea of mine will look like at least. :D
Sweet! Nice p-shopping skills! I can try to get a few more pics up that are sharper/higher resolution, and in different light.

rcnaylor

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportswagen Silver
Its been all that, as a thread, TDIMeister.

Of course, VW might also want to note that it hung around so long largely because of the embarrassing (?) one year delay between the "release date" mentioned on page one of the thread and the actual arrival of the cars for sale in appreciable numbers in showrooms.

Something they might want to improve on when they have customers lining up for the product. ??

jvance

Veteran Member
TDI
Gave it back to VW
unsub1 said:
So mine is showing an ETA to be at port on 12/22. Let's make the huge assumption first off, that this will actually happen. If so, what are my chances of getting it here in Austin before the New Year? I wonder how much Christmas and New Years throws off this kind of thing, if at all?
I can give you two data points:

1) My cancelled order with Chapman was supposed to arrive at the dealership on 10/6 and then was pushed back to 10/17 on the schedule. It arrived at the dealership 10/3.

2) My order with Rod East was scheduled to arrive at the dealership on 11/17. I checked its status on Monday and it was at the port. My salesman called me today to tell me the schedule is AFU because IT'S AT THE DEALER RIGHT NOW!!!

*ahem*

Just booked the flight out for this Saturday. It's an inexpensive fare, with layovers in Boise and Rio de Janeiro.

QSHIPWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 TDI SPORTWAGEN
TDIMeister said:
I want to advise you all that I'm planning on moving this thread to the A5 Golf/Jettas forum. I will give sufficient time for this thread to remain here as a heads up before the move is made. You can still feel free to post to this thread when it has been moved to its rightful forum.

The reason is that this thread has served its originally-titled purpose to discuss the release date of the Jetta SportWagen TDI. That has come and gone for months. This is a special thread since it is by far the longest one in the entire history of the forums, with over 5,400 posts as of this writing. VWoA MUST be taking notice and reading the trials, tribulations, and jubilations of `09 owners, both actual, prospective and hopeful.

This forum is for discussing media and press releases relating to TDIs and TDI technology. This thread has now matured to the point where it's a great discussion point among `09 JSW TDI owners in a single stop. Keep this up!

I fully expect that there will be no leaps for joy for this move. However, it's one that is due.
Ah, c'mon, maybe you can make the date 48 hours after I take delivery!

Should only be a few weeks!

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Paul, I would like for you to moderate the A5 section and I nominate your name to do it! :)

newbury

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW
TDIMeister said:

YAY
Leaps for Joy
joy dodges

unsub1

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW TDI DSG
Wow! So two weeks early in both cases. So I'll cross my digits for it to come in 12/8. That would rule.
That's funny, I'll coincidentally be in San Antonio this weekend for our anniversary weekend. It's great this time of year. Maybe I'll swing by and sit in your car and get it all nice and lived-in! :p
jvance said:
1) My cancelled order with Chapman was supposed to arrive at the dealership on 10/6 and then was pushed back to 10/17 on the schedule. It arrived at the dealership 10/3.
2) My order with Rod East was scheduled to arrive at the dealership on 11/17. I checked its status on Monday and it was at the port.

Sparkle9

TDI
'09 JSW TDI plat/anth/manual/mats/big roof
Mine arrived at the dealership in NJ on Friday, 10/31 (YEAH!!!) It was scheduled to arrive the week of 11/10. Again 2 weeks early. Perhaps a trend.

Real rejoicing will commence when I actually see the car - Thanksgiving week. Until then . . . more waiting.

Andy_2009_JSW

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen TDI (DSG)[SOLD BACK], 2012 Golf 2.5L Gasser (5MT), 2017 Alltrack S (6MT)
jvance said:
IT'S AT THE DEALER RIGHT NOW!!!

*ahem*

Just booked the flight out for this Saturday. It's an inexpensive fare, with layovers in Boise and Rio de Janeiro.
Pics. Pics, baby, or it never happened... ;)

Congrats, and have a safe flight and a very fun drive back -- the engine just pulls like a team of horses, I tell ya!

Sparkle9

TDI
'09 JSW TDI plat/anth/manual/mats/big roof
exciting diesel prospect?!?!?!?

I'm sure others caught wind of this but I, for one, was bouncing in my seat at the news!!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2008/nov/04/biofuels-energy
"Many simple organisms, such as algae, are already known to make chemicals that are similar to the long-chain hydrocarbons present in transport fuel but, according to Strobel, none produce the explosive hydrocarbons with the high energy density of those in mycodiesel. Strobel said that the chemical mixture produced by his fungus could be used in a modern diesel engine without any modification."

jvance

Veteran Member
TDI
Gave it back to VW
unsub1 said:
Wow! So two weeks early in both cases. So I'll cross my digits for it to come in 12/8. That would rule.
That's funny, I'll coincidentally be in San Antonio this weekend for our anniversary weekend. It's great this time of year. Maybe I'll swing by and sit in your car and get it all nice and lived-in! :p
Don't you be eatin' a bowl of frijoles before sitting in my car!

blag

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta SportWagen
Road Trip!

Me and 3 buddies are taking the JSW on a 700mi. road trip this w/e to Glendale, AZ for a little MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALLLLLLL!!!!!! Should be interesting to find out how comfortable it is fully loaded and over a fairly long haul. I know I'm not supposed to use cruise control yet per the engine break in thread but I really don't think fluctuating my speed for 700 miles will be very much fun.:p I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

Congratulations to EVERYBODY who are finally getting their cars!!

wait4TDIPD

Veteran Member
TDI
96 B4
Dublin VW, CA

....says. "silver, DSG, no pano roof, with ipod and mats - $1995.- over MSRP"
"..coming in Nov. 16th...". 925 829-0800 - or search Dublin VW, Jim Hurst - call quickly, if you want it for that price.

I'll pass on that one. So, I will have to do more hunting, I know I do need a lot of luck. But, I'll travel to the other coast, if necessary (Chris is busy, too, I know....). - cheers
P.S. by not taking it, it might help to let the dealers know, they just can't charge what they want - I hope - what the heck do I know....

AhmerTDI

TDI
09 Jetta SportWagen - ordered
another one "in transit"

Woo hoo - my car is finally "In Transit From Factory" - scheduled for shiploading today with arrival in Port Nov 12th!!!:D

Trbogolf

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 Sportwagen
if anyone is close to Indianapolis...Tom Wood Vw sent me an email that they have a plat grey JSW manual available. as of 3pm today

upsbroke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB and '13 JSW
JSW finally here

It must be contagious. I got a message from the dealer-my daughter's candy white/anthracite/DSG/Ipod JSW with 17" silver goal wheels is in. Unfortunately-I can't get down there until Saturday. Also thanks to Chris Langhorne for the info that my delivery should include the 16" Ditto's in the back of the car along with the silver goal wheels ON the car. I hope the dealer doesn't try to hose me on this because it will be a sticking point.

MIA

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Golf, 09 JSW
Trbogolf said:
if anyone is close to Indianapolis...Tom Wood Vw sent me an email that they have a plat grey JSW manual available. as of 3pm today
A few months ago they said that the JSW wait list was one and a half years long. This economy must be bad.

QSHIPWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 TDI SPORTWAGEN
MIA said:
A few months ago they said that the JSW wait list was one and a half years long. This economy must be bad.
Or, just a possibility, some dealers take some of their wait list customers "out of the market" by selling a few cars out from under them. Not saying that's the case here, but it happens all the time.

desertman86

TDI
2009 SportWagen(oct)
jvance said:

2) My order with Rod East was scheduled to arrive at the dealership on 11/17. I checked its status on Monday and it was at the port. My salesman called me today to tell me the schedule is AFU because IT'S AT THE DEALER RIGHT NOW!!!

*ahem*

JVance could you explain the air trip. Do you think Chris Farnham could check on Sportwagen that arrived at a certain dealer? I think my unit was stolen like yours. Ray

barshnik

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE w/roof, nav
blag said:
Me and 3 buddies are taking the JSW on a 700mi. road trip this w/e to Glendale, AZ for a little MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALLLLLLL!!!!!! Should be interesting to find out how comfortable it is fully loaded and over a fairly long haul. I know I'm not supposed to use cruise control yet per the engine break in thread but I really don't think fluctuating my speed for 700 miles will be very much fun.:p I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

Congratulations to EVERYBODY who are finally getting their cars!!
I wouldn't worry about using the cruise control as long as you change it up every 20 minutes or so, between 60 - 90 mph. Others might disagree, but you'll still have some up/down hill stretches which will vary the load on the engine...

John F

jvance

Veteran Member
TDI
Gave it back to VW
desertman86 said:
JVance could you explain the air trip. Do you think Chris Farnham could check on Sportwagen that arrived at a certain dealer? I think my unit was stolen like yours. Ray
I was being silly. My flight itinerary is actually Albuquerque - San Antonio with a layover in Denver.

But hey - it's $130 instead of $330 so I'll take it. I'll spend the savings on an Ipod Nano.

TDi_JettaWagEn

TDI
2009 Jetta SportWagen
Finally!!!!!!

ITS HERE! Unfortunately...its raining today. So the pics arent that great.

...Also I cant figure out how to upload them... It looks like they already need to be online somwehere. If you want pics, send me an email mturner@insight-tek.com

God that clutch is sticky! I've never driven a new standard before, and I must say, this one will take some getting used to! I stalled it several times yesterday just trying to get it going, but today I only stalled it once and that was on a hill. This car has some TORQUE! You hit the gas and it just goes! And the sunroof... Might as well be a convertable. I love this car, and so will you!!!

QSHIPWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 TDI SPORTWAGEN
TDi_JettaWagEn said:
Woo hoo! I just got a call from Laurie of South Shore VW; my car has come in early! We are passing the paperwork around now and if all goes well I'll be cruising around in my new SportWagen by the end of next week!
Congratudamnlations! I gotta ask, especially since our cars likely are taking the same trip from Puebla to New England. How early was your car? I've got a 2-day float from my ING account, so I'm actually thinking about moving the cash in the next few days. I'm thinking of paying in cash with the money wrapped up in a brocolli elastic band.... because I've always thought it would be fun to pay cash for a car. Actually, when I stopped in to buy the plastic mat for the rear cargo area I talked to the accountant at the dealership and asked if she'd mind if I put $2,500 on a VISA for the points and she said "Sure." Most dealers have limits on that sort of thing to a couple of grand, but it can't hurt to ask.

Last edited:

QSHIPWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 TDI SPORTWAGEN
TDi_JettaWagEn said:
...Also I cant figure out how to upload them... It looks like they already need to be online somwehere.
Here's some help given to me by a fellow member:

1) Have the picture saved on your computer somehwere.

2) In the blue bar above you'll see 'photos', in between 'FAQ' and 'Calendar'. Register for an account if you don't have a photo gallery account already. I used the same login and password as I have for the forums.

3) Once you're in, you'll see another blue bar near the top with other links -- click on 'upload photos'. Click on the button that says 'browse', and browse to the folder where your picture is on your computer -- desktop, my documents, whatever -- and click 'ok'.

4) Fill in a title, and then if you like you can add a description. It's helpful for people who are searching the picture galleries (i.e., for 'DSG fluid change' or something), or for GTG pictures. Then click the 'upload/submit' button. The photo now resides on the tdiclub server in your gallery.

5) Now click on the 'my photos' link on the blue bar, and click on the title of the picture to open that picture up.

6) To put the picture into a thread, copy everything that's in the UBBCode field. It'll have bracketing both ends, with a slashed img on the back end (I can't do that here, otherwise it'll think I'm trying to post a pic here.)

7) Paste it in the body of a post. Preview it to make sure it comes out O.K.

Zlartibartfast

Veteran Member
TDI
SOLD 2009 Jetta Sportwagen
unsub1 said:
So mine is showing an ETA to be at port on 12/22. Let's make the huge assumption first off, that this will actually happen. If so, what are my chances of getting it here in Austin before the New Year? I wonder how much Christmas and New Years throws off this kind of thing, if at all?
Firstly, cars in TX seem to be arriving ahead of original schedules. Secondly, it's est. 3 days to transit from Houston to Austin. Thirdly, getting the car out of PDI is only a couple of hours (getting tinted? add 3 more hours). Factor in the holiday schedule (they'll be closed the 25th, open the 26th) and remember they REALLY want these sales cleared off their books by 12/31.

Be ready to take delivery 12/27; they are open Saturday. You might have to wait til the following Monday....

QSHIPWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 TDI SPORTWAGEN
Rear Bumper Protection

Factory Part # 1KM061197 (probably also 3M film) I need to verify this is OK for the wagon though.

Last edited: