Reduce oil level warning issue

gingerbarry62

TDI
2015 GSW TDI
Had my GSW TDi at the dealer to check the warning light, turns out they overfilled by .4 litres.
Light hasn't popped on since.

The also did a ECM software (3B5801) update.
Haven't noticed a difference yet.

Mass. Wine Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
5-speed, 2015 Golf S 6-speed manual; 2015 Golf Sportwagen SEL 6-speed manual
I'm reviving this thread because my '15 Golf is giving the reduce oil level message. Before setting off this morning I saw that the dipstick level was midway up the hash marks, and I added just a little from a quart bottle. I think it looked ok after that, but I find it's a difficult dipstick to read. I'm visiting New York now and can't really do anything. Will the engine be ok for a few days 'til I get home? I'm not driving at all while in the city.
I found that TSB TT 17-15-02 mentions a new dipstick for this car. Is there also a software update TSB that concerns the oil level?
Thanks.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
are you still getting oil temp readings?

Mass. Wine Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
5-speed, 2015 Golf S 6-speed manual; 2015 Golf Sportwagen SEL 6-speed manual
Can I use an oil extractor to go through the dipstick tube and take some out? What’s a decent moderately priced extractor?

vwexpress

TDI
2015 Golf Sport Wagon
I've been taking it out from the drain plug, messy, but not so bad. I still need to take out more, have removed like a half a cup, or about 250 ml, need to take out a little more. I feel comfortable having an oil change ready to go in case things go straight to hell at the drain plug.....

Ovrhill

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Jetta Wagon BEW, '06 Golf BEW, '15 Golf TDI(sold), '05 Golf TDI (wrecked)
Bought a buy back Golf SE from a Texas VW dealer with 23K miles a couple of weeks ago. i got the dash warning yesterday as well.
Dealer serviced before purchase. Noticed that the oil level was high on the dipstick after i got it home. Tried to use some tubing attached to a 2oz syringe to pull some oil through the dipstick tube. However, the dipstick housing is much more narrow than on my MKIV and the tubing won't go.
Dealer is too far away. Don't really want to try and drain some off from the bottom for obvious reasons.
Maybe I can find some smaller tubing? I'm all ears if anyone has a good idea otherwise.

sloinker

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Sportwagen '15 Golf Hatch
The level needs to be below the top of the crosshatch on the dipstick. I filled both of my '15 TDI's to the top of the crosshatch and got the too full warning after warmer weather and extended freeway driving. Reduced level on both and messages have not come back.