Recommended Brake rotors/pads 2014 JSW

wolf1389

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta sportwagen Comfortline
thank god i took it to the mechanic. i watched him go at those rear bolts for 30 min. rusted to hell. worth every penny to get him to do it. now the rears have all new bolts so next brake job wont be hard.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
turns out my mechanic quoted me around mid 300s to do the front brakes, rears and the outer cv boot. i think i may just take it to him this week to get the rears done and the cv boot so i dont have to deal with it. didnt expect it to be so cheap considering other mechanics wanted around 200 just for the cv boot
hope that works out for you. seems shade tree cheap with cheap parts..... parts alone are half that cost! we live in a time where good honest mechanics make $140 an hour. its a 2 to 3 hour job just for the brakes, 1 hour for the boot, So.. unless thats quoated with your supplied parts i would advise you to be cautios. there is no shortage of work so its a red flag for cheap work like that.
a decent price for quality materials on that car for a brake job with labor is $600 to $700 range

wolf1389

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta sportwagen Comfortline
i provided the parts, rein automotive boot kit, for brakes i used zimmermann rotors and akebono pads. he charged me around 300 cash to do the rear brakes and the outer cv boot on drivers side. i also had him get 4 new bolts for the rear caliper bracket cuz the old ones were rusted to hell and that was an extra 25 bucks.